X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scotsmist
    replied
    ah, thanks steve - perhaps because the documentation is online now.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    The author deleted his own post.

Leave a comment:

• scotsmist
    replied
    someone being deleting and editing posts?
    I was just about to reply to the post above which was deleted - asking about vbportal 3.0.0 documentation

Leave a comment:

• wajones
    replied
    Originally posted by sabret00the
    aesthetically vBp feels cramped and overcrowded.
    It's just a matter of preference and with vbPortal 3.0.0 column width is easily set in the css file for each style.

Example:
    Code:
    #left, #right {
     background-color: white; /* page background */
     position: absolute;
     top: 108px;
     width: 160px;
    }

Leave a comment:

• hankster
    replied
    edited

Leave a comment:

• sabret00the
    replied
    how comes vBindex never makes these polls.

of the two i'd choose vBa but that's mostly cos aesthetically vBp feels cramped and overcrowded.

Leave a comment:

• Erwin
    replied
    Originally posted by wajones
    VbPortal is not PHP-Nuke based, the core of 2.0 was not based on nuke, just the addons like links etc. However since 3.0.0 even the add-ons have been re-written and are not Nuke based. vbPortal 3.0.0. is in fact just as efficient as vbulletin itself since the coding is based on vBulletin example and not PHP-Nuke. The portal itself is also valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...w.vbportal.com
    Thanks for the update. I admit that I last used vBPortal with vB2 almost 2 years or more ago, and it added hundreds of mysql queries to my database. I'm sure that vBPortal version 3 is a world of difference and I apologise for my ignorance in this matter. I didn't realise that vBPortal 3 is no longer Nuke based. I guess I better get up to date before making generalised statements like I did.

Leave a comment:

• Razgo
    replied
    The beauty of vbPortal is that everything is template based, you can make the columns look however you like, wide as you like, one if you like, on the right if you like etc... it's completely flexible to any style you would like to have your portal like. now that vbPortal is out of beta many styles will start appearing. Includeing full across the top menus if you want.

For example. http://www.xboxusersgroup.com/forums/index.php (except for his popups he does really nice graphic work )
    i had all but forgotten about vbportal. i even registered for the premium account to get the first vb3 beta test from memory. must go and check my member status

Leave a comment:

• kcikees
    replied
    The beauty of vbPortal is that everything is template based, you can make the columns look however you like, wide as you like, one if you like, on the right if you like etc... it's completely flexible to any style you would like to have your portal like. now that vbPortal is out of beta many styles will start appearing. Includeing full across the top menus if you want.

For example. http://www.xboxusersgroup.com/forums/index.php (except for his popups he does really nice graphic work )

Hey Wajones,

Thank you for using my site as a sample, I really appreciate it! Makes me feel warm inside

Leave a comment:

• kcikees
    replied
    Originally posted by James Kojiro
    Yes but the columns are still bunched up.
    It looks funny to see the "vBulletin.NL" logo on your site, maybe you can change that soon

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Gordon
    replied
    I'd chose vBa CMPS, but I have nothing against vbPortal.

Leave a comment:

• wajones
    replied

Last edited by wajones; Wed 15th Dec '04, 10:27am.

Leave a comment:

• wajones
    replied
    Originally posted by Erwin
    PHP-Nuke-based portals like vBPortal tend to run a lot more queries. Just a consideration.
    VbPortal is not PHP-Nuke based, the core of 2.0 was not based on nuke, just the addons like links etc. However since 3.0.0 even the add-ons have been re-written and are not Nuke based. vbPortal 3.0.0. is in fact just as efficient as vbulletin itself since the coding is based on vBulletin example and not PHP-Nuke. The portal itself is also valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...w.vbportal.com

Leave a comment:

• ShadyNight
    replied
    hehe which is why on my site I made the gap a smitch bigger.

I tried as big as the vBadvanced (which I used before) but, well, my members complained saying it looked to "homemadeish", whatever THAT means?

So I compromised and made it smaller, but left a big enough gap that they are definetly seperate.

I must say though, Not just from the admin point of view, but even my Members are happier with the vbPortal, compared to the vBadvanced.

From one member: "The old portal LOOKED temporary, this one is so clean and well laid out."

Leave a comment:

• scotsmist
    replied
    are you saying the width between the left, center and right column is too narrow for your likeing?
    if so its an insignificant change to the .css. I wanted maximum content so set the width between the columns to 5px. I'm considering 800x600 visitors. Its also why many of my pages only have blocks toggled in the left column. I'm not restricted to the same blocks on every page, each page can have which ever blocks I decide.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X