This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James Kojiro
    Yes but the columns are still bunched up.
    The beauty of vbPortal is that everything is template based, you can make the columns look however you like, wide as you like, one if you like, on the right if you like etc... it's completely flexible to any style you would like to have your portal like. now that vbPortal is out of beta many styles will start appearing. Includeing full across the top menus if you want.

For example. http://www.xboxusersgroup.com/forums/index.php (except for his popups he does really nice graphic work )
    Last edited by wajones; Wed 15th Dec '04, 11:27am.

Comment

I'd chose vBa CMPS, but I have nothing against vbPortal.

Comment

Originally posted by James Kojiro
        Yes but the columns are still bunched up.
        It looks funny to see the "vBulletin.NL" logo on your site, maybe you can change that soon
        KCi aka Rhyze

Comment

Originally posted by wajones
          The beauty of vbPortal is that everything is template based, you can make the columns look however you like, wide as you like, one if you like, on the right if you like etc... it's completely flexible to any style you would like to have your portal like. now that vbPortal is out of beta many styles will start appearing. Includeing full across the top menus if you want.

For example. http://www.xboxusersgroup.com/forums/index.php (except for his popups he does really nice graphic work )

Hey Wajones,

Thank you for using my site as a sample, I really appreciate it! Makes me feel warm inside
          KCi aka Rhyze

Comment

i had all but forgotten about vbportal. i even registered for the premium account to get the first vb3 beta test from memory. must go and check my member status

Comment

VbPortal is not PHP-Nuke based, the core of 2.0 was not based on nuke, just the addons like links etc. However since 3.0.0 even the add-ons have been re-written and are not Nuke based. vbPortal 3.0.0. is in fact just as efficient as vbulletin itself since the coding is based on vBulletin example and not PHP-Nuke. The portal itself is also valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...w.vbportal.com
              Thanks for the update. I admit that I last used vBPortal with vB2 almost 2 years or more ago, and it added hundreds of mysql queries to my database. I'm sure that vBPortal version 3 is a world of difference and I apologise for my ignorance in this matter. I didn't realise that vBPortal 3 is no longer Nuke based. I guess I better get up to date before making generalised statements like I did.

Comment

how comes vBindex never makes these polls.

of the two i'd choose vBa but that's mostly cos aesthetically vBp feels cramped and overcrowded.

Comment

edited

Comment

Originally posted by sabret00the
                    aesthetically vBp feels cramped and overcrowded.
                    It's just a matter of preference and with vbPortal 3.0.0 column width is easily set in the css file for each style.

Example:
                    Code:
                    #left, #right {
                     background-color: white; /* page background */
                     position: absolute;
                     top: 108px;
                     width: 160px;
                    }

Comment

someone being deleting and editing posts?
                      I was just about to reply to the post above which was deleted - asking about vbportal 3.0.0 documentation
                      vbPortal Developer

Comment

The author deleted his own post.
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

ah, thanks steve - perhaps because the documentation is online now.
                          vbPortal Developer

Comment

I love vPortal...I have had great support, Love the modules and its very easy to do what you like to them to make you site very very special...

As for vbAdvance...Naaa Don't really like..I have used it before and do not like the way it was working out...

After I used vPortal I was able to make my skins work with the portal and have alot more available to my members...which all come standard in their program...

I find with vbAdvance you have to add this and that to make it the way you want....

Just my 2cents...

Comment

From a Rookie point of view

I ask many questions and need assistance often, as I am not a programming geek of sorts. I operate my personal website with vbulletin and vbportal by using tech resources from those two and vbulletin.org.. For the past 2 years, I can honestly say that I have received the best and timely support from vbportal. In my mind they are a #1 class act. I like many of the features with vbportal, especially the freedom it allows for persoanl customization, but the best thing I like about it is that even with my little knowledge of bulletin boards, portals and programming...vbportal is very user friendly and that means the world to me. Oh yeah and I don't get treated like I'm a dummy just because I don't have the skillsets that most do on these boards.

So I'm all for VBPortal

Comment

vBadvanced. I've used all portals for vB 2x and 3x. vBadvanced is the best. It's very customizable, easy to configure and runs great.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X