Hivemail alternative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hivemail alternative

I read somewhere on these forums about a vb alternative to hivemail. I am unable to find the thread - can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

http://www.socketmail.com/home/

When you search for alternative hivemail you find some options.

Comment

Originally posted by sijo2503
      I read somewhere on these forums about a vb alternative to hivemail. I am unable to find the thread - can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks.
      When you say vB alternative, what do you mean? A standalone product (a la Hivemail) or a product specifically designed for vB?
      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

http://www.webdesignforums.net/vbms/

i bought a license for the vb3 version of this one right here

Comment

It's a pity it still does not support attachments ...... else it would be a complete email solution.
          vbArticles.com, now open!
          Content Management for vBulletin, made easy

Comment

Originally posted by cinq
            It's a pity it still does not support attachments ...... else it would be a complete email solution.
            Planned for a future version.

Comment

Originally posted by sijo2503
              I am unable to find the thread - can anyone point me in the right direction.
              /me points down to the bottum = Similar Threads
              Originally Posted by Zachery
              John originally presented vBulletin to Infopop, they didn't take it, so he took it and sold it

Originally Posted by Martin
              We had to do a lot of arm twisting to get him to do it, though. I would imagine he still hates us.

Comment

Originally posted by _| () R | Z
                /me points down to the bottum = Similar Threads
                What do you mean ? I do not understand your comment !

Comment

Look at the very bottom of the thread, you will see

"Similar Threads" and below that links to similiar discussions

Comment

I have my own license of Hivemail but now plan to switch to socketmail pro. I believe socketmail pro (not lite) which requires root access is more stable, especially multiple domains capability, which hivemail doesn't have. In term of support Hivemail used to have best forum and great documentation, but lately support seems lacking. Most of questions of forum got reply to tell people to submit ticket, and the latest ticket I submitted 2 weeks ago took 3 days to answer. On the other hand, socket mail might be even worse, their forum has very little posts and I have no experience with the support ticket (will soon).

Of course, you'll get opinion that leaning more to hivemail here. Since it's more widespread and the developers also work for vb. For under 5 or 10 thousands I'd say hivemail is the best, but above you should consider socket pro. Good luck with either choice.
                    Last edited by Nam; Sat 11 Dec '04, 8:54pm.
                    My forum's vB3 version: 3.6.8

Comment

Actually none of their develoers work for vB anymore, both Chen and Kevin (aka tubedogg) are not on our staff anymore.

Comment

Zachery, thanks for the info, I've been away from this forum for too loooooooooong .
                        My forum's vB3 version: 3.6.8

Comment

Chen's not even on staff at Hivemail anymore either.

http://forum.hivemail.com/showgroups.php
                          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                            Chen's not even on staff at Hivemail anymore either.

http://forum.hivemail.com/showgroups.php
                            I believe he left to give his mandatory service in the Israeli military.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X