No announcement yet.

$125 Wal-Mart Gift Card; $127 Winning Bid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It really depends on the demographics of the community. If it is a richer community, the wifes will wanna shop more and more and more, get the picture? WalMart sees these trends before they start their development to find out where a WalMart would be best suited.

Comment

Dave# - it's quite possible.

And Wal-Mart is my new hero... I was trying to buy HL for PS2 and even Amazon wasn't selling it, you had to buy it off another Amazon user.

But Wal-mart.com had it, even though their store in my area (the one closest to me sucks) didn't.

Comment

I have 4 Wal-Marts nearby as well, which are all SuperCenters (7 within 20 miles). These serve over 550,000 people from just 2 counties. The one closest to me is in the area that is pretty much the shopping and dining hub, so it probably attracts the most people of any of the 4. That combined with the fact that apparently they have a problem hiring employees doesn't make it any better! 200 people in line and only 10 registers open isn't a good thing (and half of them are the 10 items or less)!

Comment

We have 4 walmarts here, one off of 1960 and kuykendahl (i think), one off of 2920 and kuykendahl, one on tomball parkway and one off of i-45 right after splashtown. We now go to the one at 2920 and kuykendahl

Comment

Originally posted by MrNase
            Why do people need 4 Wal-Marts in the proximity?
            Wal-mart has an expansion plan that includes one store for every 50,000-75,000 people. They are a general purpose store selling a little of everything. Very tough to compete against if businesses have old school mentalities. Many consumers like them because they offer low prices, one-stop shopping and convenience for all household goods, clothes and groceries so they make a lot of money. However your selection and quality is lower overall. They cater to people looking for bargains instead of customer service. This however has allowed them to become the #1 retailer in the US and the World. In the US they make more money every year than the next 9 largest retailers combined.

An interesting thing is not all 4 Wal-marts in my area will have the same price on the same items, nor will they all stock the same inventory so in essence there is a little competition even among themselves.

If you want, think of them as the Microsoft of the Retail Industry.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

We have a super center going up soon to, and probbly 3 wal-marts 20 minutes away by car. In danville the wal-mart is so big you would walk over 3 miles inside the store to see everything you can buy

I don't like wal-mart, mostly because of the people you gatta deal with when you go in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.loo
                In danville the wal-mart is so big you would walk over 3 miles inside the store to see everything you can buy
                Danville where?

Comment

Originally posted by dynamite
                  Danville where?
                  Danville Virgina.

Comment

Did you know that the walmart in Bejing China is much more different than the ones here.

Comment

Originally posted by James Kojiro
                      Did you know that the walmart in Bejing China is much more different than the ones here.
                      Different cultural requirements so I would expect that.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by dynamite
                        Have you ever tried to go to a Wal-Mart around Christmas time? It would be worth $2.51 to not have to fight the traffic and not have to stand in line for 2 hours to buy the thing!
                        Yet you would subject whoever you're giving this gift to to what you won't tolerate?

(seriously though, it is just as much a zoo after the holidays with all the returns, especially when they have the return area just by the entrance like they usually do at the local Wal-Mart )
                        TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                            Different cultural requirements so I would expect that.
                            Come on, they sell live turtles! TURTLES! In the food section!

Comment

Originally posted by GregFromWASP
                              Maybe the card itself is worth something.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.loo
                                Danville Virgina.
                                Wow! Someone who actually knows where that is! All my family is from there!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X