Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does it take to get listed on a search engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rnmcd
    How do you submit them? Do the various search engines charge a fee to accept a submission?
    http://www.google.com/addurl.html (free)

Note: Cpanel has a 'submit url to search engines' feature .. perhaps if your host uses cpanel you can login and enter the URL and it will do it for you with something like 5 to 10 search engines. (free)

Comment

Do you think the reason I am not listed on search engines is because I have a "whois guard" (it masks my domain registration information) for the domain?
      I have nearly all my domains on whois guard (at least the .coms) and they are all indexed properly

Comment

How did some tsunami related websites get listed in google just a day or so after the tsunami? The domains were registered the day of the tsunami.

I've been waiting (im)patiently for two months without success.........

Comment

I was looking through my logs yesterday and could see what people who came from google had been searching for. Was shocked to find if you search for a well known european car my forum (despite having nothing at all to do with cars) comes out second

Comment

anyone have any idea why the context of the threads on my vbulletin are still not found when I do a google or yahoo search?

the only thing that seems to have been spidered is the forum titles......

Comment

any other suggestions for me?

Comment

How did some tsunami related websites get listed in google just a day or so after the tsunami? The domains were registered the day of the tsunami.

I've been waiting (im)patiently for two months without success.........
                People had tsunami appeal button and links all over their forums and websites. These backlinks instantly boosted their PR and got them straight into google's index
                Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                  http://www.google.com/addurl.html (free)

Note: Cpanel has a 'submit url to search engines' feature .. perhaps if your host uses cpanel you can login and enter the URL and it will do it for you with something like 5 to 10 search engines. (free)
                  Bump from the catacombs:

Where is this in cPanel?

Comment

But what are meta tags? I thought they are responsible for search engine finds?

For example: If I have news about Angelina Jolie, Greenpeace and a review about rwanda. Should i put this words into the meta tag section or should I wait till a search engine scans them?
                    Last edited by nox501; Sat 10th Jun '06, 3:07pm.

Comment

Here are a few examples:

<meta name="copyright" content="This website is &copy; Copyright my own so dont rip it" />
                      <meta name="Keywords" content="nameofmysite,Angelina Jolie,Greenpeace,rwanda,review,britney spears,etc" />
                      <meta name="Description" content="My site called whatever.com is about cars and angelina jolie and paperclips join it for free and contact us on [email protected]" />
                      </head>

Comment

Originally posted by tacticalnuke View Post
                        Bump from the catacombs:

Where is this in cPanel?
                        Depends on the host, but it should be in the home that opens, near the bottom. If not .. contact your host.

Comment

Working...
                        X