Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search engine traffic versus link traffic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search engine traffic versus link traffic.

I've always read (and it makes sense to believe) that search engine traffic is the best kind of traffic because it's very targetted--people are actively looking for what your site contains (usually).

But one of my sites in particular gets a lot of traffic from a link that's on another site with a similar theme. Would that traffic be just as good as the search engine traffic? What do you think?

<content removed>

Staff: Sorry, your post breaks our forum rules. No advertising. Please read our forum rules before posting again.
    Last edited by Floris; Mon 13 Dec '04, 5:23am.

Comment

Originally posted by newsguy2000
      I've always read (and it makes sense to believe) that search engine traffic is the best kind of traffic because it's very targetted--people are actively looking for what your site contains (usually).

But one of my sites in particular gets a lot of traffic from a link that's on another site with a similar theme. Would that traffic be just as good as the search engine traffic? What do you think?
      What kind of sites are we talking about, sites that are powered by vBulletin or just .html sites?

I believe that other sites that remote link to your site are as important as being listed in search engines.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
        What kind of sites are we talking about, sites that are powered by vBulletin or just .html sites?

I believe that other sites that remote link to your site are as important as being listed in search engines.
        Plus incoming links that rank well will also help your own page rank in search engines.

Comment

Working...
        X