Motherboard Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motherboard Software

K, I've been playing Need For Speed Underground 2 nonstop for the past week or so

My PC is normally fine, I never shut it down, it stays on for months at a time, years probably

Today, however, it shut itself down. My processor temp. was 64 degrees C, when normally it is around 55

Is there any software I can use on Windows 2k that is free preferably, and will tell me the temp. of the Processor, and if possible other parts of the PC.

I may end up having to upgrade my cooling.

TIA

Lee

Originally posted by megahard
    K, I've been playing Need For Speed Underground 2 nonstop for the past week or so

My PC is normally fine, I never shut it down, it stays on for months at a time, years probably

Today, however, it shut itself down. My processor temp. was 64 degrees C, when normally it is around 55

Is there any software I can use on Windows 2k that is free preferably, and will tell me the temp. of the Processor, and if possible other parts of the PC.

I may end up having to upgrade my cooling.

TIA

Lee
    Check out http://mbm.livewiredev.com/
    Webmaster / Administrator
    www.MegaGames.com
    www.MGForums.com

Comment

What processor do you have? Will make a big difference in determining whether or not its your CPU heat causing the crash.
      Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

A 3.2Ghz P4 HT, but with the decent core not the cheap one

Comment

As i suspected, my processor is miles over the recommended maximum of 80 degrees at 90 for a 3.2 Prescott core

My average fan RPM is 2732, should that be higher?

It recommends a max. input air temp. of 40 though, and mine is 29

It was a retail chip and came with a heatsink, should I invest in a new one?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X