• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGM
    replied
    Originally posted by nirvanilla
    this happened to someone i know recently
    it does put thing s into perspective

personally i'd want to know. if i was told that, it was for sure i only had six months to live, i'd get busy LIVING, i'd try my best to do things i've always wanted to but have put off. i'd tell ppl things ive always wanted to say to them..i'd make sure the ppl i love KNOW i love them
    and then i'd just try to have as much fun as possible. oh and as much sex with my bf as i could
    Replace bf with gf and you got me right there

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• Tolitz
    replied
    This poll doesn't only consider those with terminal illnesses, y'know.

What if you were gonna die via a car accident in 6 months. Would you want to know about it? or maybe you were gonna die in the throes of passion with your mistress in your mother-in-law's house, would you like to know when so that you can arrange a better venue?

Heh...

If I knew I was gonna die in 6 months, it would be useful to be armed with that knowledge, so that I can either (a) learn to appreciate my life and hope to avoid/delay the inevitable, or (b) discover that my life was actually full of sh!t and would try to hasten the death...

Leave a comment:

• nirvanilla
    replied
    this happened to someone i know recently
    it does put thing s into perspective

personally i'd want to know. if i was told that, it was for sure i only had six months to live, i'd get busy LIVING, i'd try my best to do things i've always wanted to but have put off. i'd tell ppl things ive always wanted to say to them..i'd make sure the ppl i love KNOW i love them
    and then i'd just try to have as much fun as possible. oh and as much sex with my bf as i could

Leave a comment:

• Andrew111888
    replied
    Originally posted by Vile
    Exactly.

Pointless poll.
    It's not whether we're mortal, it's a question of whether we want to have knowledge of our death before it occurs or if we just want it to happen.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    I think that code was used in a few different games, but I know it from Contra on the NES.

Leave a comment:

• megahard
    replied
    Originally posted by DarkSSJ3
    Not to mention the amount of people you could unknowlingly infect with the disease.
    I don't think cancer is contageous

And you'd still know you had the disease even if you didn't know how long you had left to live

Leave a comment:

• CeleronXT
    replied
    Originally posted by Vile
    Exactly.

Pointless poll.
    It would be, but remember that the question isn't knowing you're going to leave, its knowing semi-exactly when. The question assumes you have a semi-exact time left to live, and probably that you're leaving earlier than the average human lifespan. There's a big difference. I'm going to have to say its a perfectly legitimate poll.

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    Originally posted by mechanical mind
    Mortal Kombat
    Really? Mortal Kombat? I was thinking it was the classic Konami code

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• Joseph777
    replied
    Originally posted by MetalGearMaster
    Where have I seen that code before...

MGM out
    Mortal Kombat

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    Originally posted by Jake Bunce
    I used the code for 30 lives:

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Where have I seen that code before...

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• Joseph777
    replied
    I would kill myself and use a continue.
    THAT is HILARIOUS !

Anyway, I would luge down Mt. Everest ... face first !

Leave a comment:

• John Campbell
    replied
    I used the code for 30 lives:

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Is that the code for Akuma on StreetFighter III?

Leave a comment:

• John Campbell
    replied
    Originally posted by CeleronXT
    If you were diagnosed with, say, cancer or some other deadly disease, and you only had 6 months to live, would you want your doctor to tell you this, so you have this nagging thought for the next 6 months that you're going to die, or would you rather not know, and live the rest of your days not knowing? There's great arguments for either side. What reasons do you have for your choice?

If you don't feel like explaining, at least vote. :|
    This is me exactly. I fight with my friends from time to time to vent. I get angry quickly. But what can you do. Live with it. (that is almost funny)

I still have my good jokes. I made a lot of money in the US and CANADA. I now see that you should have a good strong family base and the rest comes after.

Be thankfull. Next year this time. I am almost sure I will not be here to read your responses.

Leave a comment:

• Bema Jinn
    replied
    unfortunately, i have neither the time nor money.

Leave a comment:

• Vile
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry
    Optioin 3.

I'm comfortable with the fact that I am mortal and it will happen one day.
    Exactly.

Pointless poll.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X