6 Months To Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Months To Live

If you were diagnosed with, say, cancer or some other deadly disease, and you only had 6 months to live, would you want your doctor to tell you this, so you have this nagging thought for the next 6 months that you're going to die, or would you rather not know, and live the rest of your days not knowing? There's great arguments for either side. What reasons do you have for your choice?

If you don't feel like explaining, at least vote. :|
    Comfortable ignorance - I don't want to know
    8.33%
    Miserable(?) knowledge - I would want to know
    91.67%
    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

It is simply impossible not to know, eventually you would find out yourself, and end up being pissed at your doc for not telling you.

Not to mention the amount of people you could unknowlingly infect with the disease.

It would be selfish, ignorant and cowardice to not want to know.

It would suck though...
    A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Comment

To me, it would be important to know, not so much for myself but for those that will suffer a void at my loss. Giving those people precious time to spend with you will lighten the loss that they will feel since they will have to continue on living. Life is for the living.

Comment

Optioin 3.

I'm comfortable with the fact that I am mortal and it will happen one day.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I'd want to know, so in my last days i could enjoy myself doing things i'd always wanted to do, not to mention spending time with loved ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Bema Jinn
            .... so i could enjoy myself doing things i'd always wanted to do........
            Do them now anyway !
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I'd want to know about my impending doom before it happened
              Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

So would I. Oh, and some of the things I wish to do, I would only find the courage knowing I won't live to suffer the consequences.

Comment

I said no..I was told last year that I had an incurable disease that was going to kill me. I was horrified and sleepless for a week then found out it was a mistake..I can't imagine that feeling again.

Got a Boxer?
                  BoxerTalk

Comment

I would kill myself and use a continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
                      I would kill myself and use a continue.
                      heh, or one of your 9 lives?

I'd want to know, absolutely. It'd be much better off knowing and having your family know then if you were to just drop dead out of the random one day and have your family find out the doctor kept it from you.

besides, doctors aren't always right when they say you have blahblah months/years to live

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by MetalGearMaster
                        heh, or one of your 9 lives?
                        I used the code for 30 lives:

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
                          Optioin 3.

I'm comfortable with the fact that I am mortal and it will happen one day.
                          Exactly.

Pointless poll.
                          Webmaster / Administrator
                          www.MegaGames.com
                          www.MGForums.com

Comment

unfortunately, i have neither the time nor money.

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
                              If you were diagnosed with, say, cancer or some other deadly disease, and you only had 6 months to live, would you want your doctor to tell you this, so you have this nagging thought for the next 6 months that you're going to die, or would you rather not know, and live the rest of your days not knowing? There's great arguments for either side. What reasons do you have for your choice?

If you don't feel like explaining, at least vote. :|
                              This is me exactly. I fight with my friends from time to time to vent. I get angry quickly. But what can you do. Live with it. (that is almost funny)

I still have my good jokes. I made a lot of money in the US and CANADA. I now see that you should have a good strong family base and the rest comes after.

Be thankfull. Next year this time. I am almost sure I will not be here to read your responses.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X