Liquid vs. Fixed vBulletin skins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liquid vs. Fixed vBulletin skins

So, which type of vBulletin skins do you like? Liquid (where the skin stretches to 100%, or whatever percentage you like, proportional to browser window size), or fixed (where the size always stays the same pixels wide.)

Choose
    Liquid
    63.89%
    Fixed
    36.11%

For sites without left or right column menu bars or ads, and just has the forum in the page, I much prefer the fixed skin. High resolution doesn't do the liquid skin much justice, IMHO, and overly wide tables just don't suit me
    OPEN TECH SUPPORT
    "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

It depends on the site for me . On my site I use all liquid skins (or 90% - 98%), but on here I like the fixed skins.
      Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

vb.com is the only site that i have coma across that has a fixed style as default. I prefer liquid and i see that the majority of the costumers do too. so i wonder why "vbulletin 3 white liquid" aint the default style here?
        Originally Posted by Zachery
        John originally presented vBulletin to Infopop, they didn't take it, so he took it and sold it

Originally Posted by Martin
        We had to do a lot of arm twisting to get him to do it, though. I would imagine he still hates us.

Comment

Originally posted by _| () R | Z
          vb.com is the only site that i have coma across that has a fixed style as default. I prefer liquid and i see that the majority of the costumers do too. so i wonder why "vbulletin 3 white liquid" aint the default style here?
          Mine has Fixed as the default, but through the magic of CSS and Javascript, you can change it on the fly without even reloading the page (click the Bigger/Smaller link in the header).
          --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
          Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
          vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

I prefer fixed. It's just easier for me to read when it is limited width.
            TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

Most of the time, I prefer liquid, but on occassions, fixed is just right.

Comment

goes by the design im useing, because on some designs a liquid design just gives you big blank blocks of colours and looks crap, plus in some ways with a liquid design your stoping your self from being able to do some things as you got to keep atlest one part of the design basic to a level so that part can be used for the wideing of the design.

Also if designed right on a fixed size design you can make the background act as part of the design also.

and my forum is in the same design as below but without the side menu.
                Attached Files

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X