Outraged over Microsoft!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew111888
    Pretty funny you're correcting his spelling when you're using improper grammar .
    I don't see anything wrong with his grammar. Maybe mine
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by briangumble
      I think "idiocy" is the word your thinking of. Idocy does not exist, but idiocy does. Is that what you meant?
      it should be

Originally posted by briangumble
      I think "idiocy" is the word you're (you are) thinking of. Idocy does not exist, but idiocy does. Is that what you meant?

Comment

yeah, it's kind of fuNOT ...

Can we please get back to the topic, microsoft is on trial here, not my spelling, or briangumble's grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by CMilne
          Another key reason for modding your xBox, is perhaps (in my case) you want to play games from America. Any idiot knows that american xbox games cant be played on an aussie xbox, therefore, we have to either modify our xBox, or wait for the game to be released in australia, which can be months.
          This argument went to court. It lost.

I also modded my xbox so I could get a bigger HDD and put my games on it because I am loosing CD's or braking them. I think I must have pirated 1 xBox game in my life, and it was a crappy game i threw out anyway.
          Not something that the xbox was designed to do - why should they let you use their services if you do something to the xbox its not meant to do?

Not everyone who mod's their xbox is a hacker, and almost every one of my friends has a modded xBox. If 50% of the modders got their xboxes modded for teh same reason I did, microsoft had no right to ban them.

How is a larger HDD and installing games actually on the xBox .... hacking?
          But everyone who modifies their xbox (illegally - see above) to install games on their system is in breach of copyright law, you are not allowed to have a copy of a game without express permission.

Again, how is it legal or legitimate?

If i was the guy who made the decision in microsoft to ban modded xboxes from xboxlive, i would have made the same decision.
          Last edited by merk; Sat 13 Nov '04, 10:43pm.

Comment

If i was the guy who made the decision in microsoft to ban modded xboxes from xboxlive, i would have made the same decision.
            Here Here!
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

After taking some time to review news issues with microsoft over the past few hours, I have slowly begun to despise Microsoft. I dont quite know what it is, but after hearing about the security flaws in SP2 (not the big issue, i can handle hackers) I became a little annoyed. However, after discovering, that many people with modified xBoxes have been banned from xBox Live when they attempted to play Halo 2 on xBox live, I became so enraged nothing can stop me.

I am saying, WHAT THE HELL IS MICROSOFT DOING?!

While I myself am not really an xBox or Halo fan, I am aware of how many millions of people where dying for the release of this game and to play it online with friends, but also the thousands of people who have modified xBoxes who will be banned from a service they are forced to pay for, for online gameplay. I believe this is absolute idocy (not sure of the words existance) from Microsoft, and who ever was in charge of that descision needs to be shot.

Who's to say, just because someone has a modified xBox .. that they are a hacker? NOBODY!

Anyone else follow me on this?
              What are they doing? They are protecting their product.

Sony has plans to do the same thing soon in the future, so get ready to rant about them as well.
              Webmaster / Administrator
              www.MegaGames.com
              www.MGForums.com

Comment

My xbox is my home firewall. It runs Linux. =)

Comment

Who gives a crud about sony, the ps2 cant do half the stuff an xbox can.

Not something that the xbox was designed to do - why should they let you use their services if you do something to the xbox its not meant to do?
                  Could we not say the same about vBulletin? or any other script or program?

Comment

What about playing DVD's without having to fork out £20 for a playback kit?

Comment

I support modding Xboxes, but I'd like to point out that vBulletin is open source.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew111888
                        I support modding Xboxes, but I'd like to point out that vBulletin is open source.
                        Visual Soruce, not open, we are allowed to modifiy it to a certain extent as long as it does not violate the License agreement, and then after we have modified it, we no longer get offical support. Sounds about the same to me.

Mod the xbox, no support
                        Mod vBulletin Files, No support

Originally posted by assassingod
                        What about playing DVD's without having to fork out £20 for a playback kit?
                        Dont get an xbox in the first place and that solves that

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery

Dont get an xbox in the first place and that solves that
                          I had one but sold it for food money.

Comment

Comparing apples to oranges isnt going to do anything for your argument.

The xbox is designed soley to play games marked with the xbox logo and play dvds if you buy the playback kit.

It is not designed to store games (or media files for a media pc) on its hard drive, it is not designed to run linux.

If you modify your xbox to overcome protections that microsoft have added to do something they dont want you doing, you have no right to use their services. Even if you paid for them.

Thing about CS on steam - you pay for it. You get caught cheating. You get banned and thats the end of it.

Comment

Originally posted by merk
                              Comparing apples to oranges isnt going to do anything for your argument.

The xbox is designed soley to play games marked with the xbox logo and play dvds if you buy the playback kit.

It is not designed to store games (or media files for a media pc) on its hard drive, it is not designed to run linux.

If you modify your xbox to overcome protections that microsoft have added to do something they dont want you doing, you have no right to use their services. Even if you paid for them.

Thing about CS on steam - you pay for it. You get caught cheating. You get banned and thats the end of it.
                              The xbox is just a PC, and afaik, PC's were designed to do all of the above. (Storing games, running different OS's ... you know, all that strange stuff that PC's normally do).

Comment

You're obviously missing the pont.

What you don't realize is that Microsoft has every right to do this if they feel it is in their best interest.

My X-Box is modded, the hard drive was swapped for a bigger one and I use it as a media center...To solve your "problem" you simply get 2 units, and use one of them for XBL. It's as simple as that.
                                Webmaster / Administrator
                                www.MegaGames.com
                                www.MGForums.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X