Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WoW closed beta ending, new stress test

Posted on worldofwarcraft.com tonight:

The closed beta test is coming to an end. This Friday, October 29, at 3:00 PM PDT, the closed beta servers will go offline as we prepare to run another stress test. All active closed-beta accounts will remain active, and closed-beta testers will be receiving an email with instructions on what to do to continue playing in the stress test.

We will post more information about the stress test in the days ahead, so please stay tuned to WorldofWarcraft.com.

We also want to take this opportunity to thank the closed beta testers for their months of dedicated testing and hard work. Thanks to all of your suggestions and bug reports, World of Warcraft is closer than ever to being ready for launch!

I wonder if their timing has anything to do with the fact that Guild Wars is now in open beta stage
    Webmaster / Administrator
    www.MegaGames.com
    www.MGForums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vile
      I wonder if their timing has anything to do with the fact that Guild Wars is now in open beta stage
      Everyone is shooting for a holiday release... WoW, EQ2, Guild Wars, HL2, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
        Everyone is shooting for a holiday release... WoW, EQ2, Guild Wars, HL2, etc.
        True, except for Guild Wars. The Guild Wars open beta is only open until Oct. 31st, and the game is scheduled for completion early 2005.
        www.MegaGames.com
        www.MGForums.com

Comment

Let them, rather have it in 2004 then read news about delays (like stalker!!) and it ends up in 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
            Let them, rather have it in 2004 then read news about delays (like stalker!!) and it ends up in 2005.
            Blizzard makes excellent games, but they are probably one of the worst when it comes to release dates. Nearly all of their highly antcipitated games have been delayed. (very delayed that is, ~1-2 years)
            www.MegaGames.com
            www.MGForums.com

Comment

In the case of WoW, there are several indications that Vivendi (Blizzard's parent company) is forcing Blizzard to release WoW in time for the holidays.

There are several features that Blizzard has stated will not make it by release, including player housing, hero classes, and life quests. These will be added later. This isn't consistent with Blizzard's typical "when it's done" release dates.

Comment

beta

cant wait for the open beta

the rectory school

Comment

It started.

You can play right now by subscribing to fileplanet and downloading the client. Otherwise you cannot play right now. The stress test that is going on right now is only for people who purchase a subscription. People who don't want to pay for a subscription must wait until the free open beta session begins.

Also note that people who pay to play in the current session will automatically get to play in the free session.

http://www.fileplanet.com/

Comment

Official release date = Nov 23

Comment

omg, not another rushed Blizzard product

anyway, if it does come out on that date, I'm gonna be getting it. hopefully they won't patch the hell out of it in the first few weeks...
                      OPEN TECH SUPPORT
                      "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tolitz
                        omg, not another rushed Blizzard product
                        This would be the first. You must be thinking of SOE.

Comment

Blizzard has now begun the open beta for those interested.
                          www.worldofwarcraft.com
                          www.MegaGames.com
                          www.MGForums.com

Comment

I do hope they re-visit starcraft soon.
                            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
                              I do hope they re-visit starcraft soon.
                              Well, they did via the console game StarCraft:Ghost ... I would have rather had them make a StarCraft sequel a 3D RTS like WarCraft III was... or maybe something new aside from Diablo, StarCraft or WarCraft...
                              OPEN TECH SUPPORT
                              "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X