Internet is weird right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet is weird right now

I watched some tv and went back to the pc after an hour or so and turned on the monitor again. It appeared IRC has shut down, my web site stopped working and all my IM services closed. Restarting those didn't seem to work. This felt like no internet (i was thinking 'uh oh, they cut me off!, nooooooo') But vBulletin.com works as you can see so that is strange. And goolge works too. So national, internation and US sites appear to have no issues. Hm.. what could be it? Maybe just my site being down. Stuff happens. But why instant message like 'icq, yahoo!, msn, aim, etc' too? It looks really random. One thing works, the other doesn't. My download speed is still between 250 and 300 kb/s - and upstream is still between 30 and 45.

Transferred 1 file totaling 8 MB in 30 seconds (290 KB/s)
    Last edited by Floris; Wed 27 Oct '04, 3:45pm.

Yeah http://www.goolge.com works for me too
    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

My sites are dead too

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
        I watched some tv and went back to the pc after an hour or so and turned on the monitor again. It appeared IRC has shut down, my web site stopped working and all my IM services closed. Restarting those didn't seem to work. This felt like no internet (i was thinking 'uh oh, they cut me off!, nooooooo') But vBulletin.com works as you can see so that is strange. And goolge works too. So national, internation and US sites appear to have no issues. Hm.. what could be it? Maybe just my site being down. Stuff happens. But why instant message like 'icq, yahoo!, msn, aim, etc' too? It looks really random. One thing works, the other doesn't. My download speed is still between 250 and 300 kb/s - and upstream is still between 30 and 45.

maybe the internet is trying to tell you to take time off of it.

also if you are on cable check your firewall.

Comment

www.bbc.co.uk works on for me.
          As does my site (although it is based at the same place as vB.com). Maybe a prob with your ISP?

Comment

But nobody has issues with trillian?

Comment

Trillian seems to be working fine for me on all mediums
              HFT Online - Professional computer help ... with a personal touch

Comment

Originally posted by Techguy1
                Trillian seems to be working fine for me on all mediums
                Maybe I just need to goto bed, shut down my system, wake up and reboot it. Including my cable modem. (You'll see, 0% traffic when I reboot hehe)

Comment

prolly

I should probably go too, and I think I am one hour behind you :lol:
                  HFT Online - Professional computer help ... with a personal touch

Comment

Maybe I just need to goto bed, shut down my system, wake up and reboot it. Including my cable modem. (You'll see, 0% traffic when I reboot hehe)
                    If you have a firewall, I'd also check to see if any ports have been closed of or your firewall is blocking something it isn't supposed to. That's the only thing I can that would cause half the net to work and the other half not

MGM out

Comment

But nobody has issues with trillian?
                      I had issues with aim

It cut me off and then wouldnt let me sing back in on that username, but I could sign in on another username I had

took about 30 min before it let me log in with my first username

Comment

Oh you lucky whore! >_<

Comment

That order doesn't make sense to me... shut down your computer while asleep?! lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnz
                            That order doesn't make sense to me... shut down your computer while asleep?! lol!
                            I'm on windows, so it takes longer to shutdown then linux At the time I hear the system go 'Baarttzzzzzz...z..z.' I am already 'Zzz' myself.

I just got back on-line and my email works for most accounts and trillian is logged in again. Maybe (because it is windows) I was out of sockets after an uptime of 5 milleniums

Comment

I'm on windows, so it takes longer to shutdown then linux At the time I hear the system go 'Baarttzzzzzz...z..z.' I am already 'Zzz' myself.

I just got back on-line and my email works for most accounts and trillian is logged in again. Maybe (because it is windows) I was out of sockets after an uptime of 5 milleniums
                              Showdown times have nothing to do with the operating system. I can (and normally do) configure windows to shut down in less than 10 seconds.

It depends on how many services you are running and how long they take to shut down (IIS, SQLSERVER, etc).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X