San Andreas hits the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Andreas hits the US

Ok you lucky Americans, who's played it? What's it like? Is it as really good as IGN say:

I've spent the last six pages making my case for why Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is best game I've played on the PS2 thus far, and I still haven't even begun to touch on how much it really has to offer. I've spent almost every waking moment of last week doing nothing else but playing this massive beast and have put well over 60+ hours into it. And yet despite that fact, I'm only barely hovering over the 50% finished mark (which is all you really need to complete the story), and I still have a ways to go. Hidden horseshoes, graffiti tags, special photographs, and a myriad of other hidden items still elude my grasp (nearly 300 of them), while a huge assortment of things I can't even tell you about make me wish that I wasn't so protective about spoilers -- there's some seriously cool secret stuff in here.

But that's why San Andreas is so awesome: it's a world that can offer different people different things. If a solid storyline and some incredibly tough missions are all that you're looking for, then you can have them. If you'd rather spend your time doing nothing but exploring the city and finding new ways to make money, destroy property, and dress like a pimp, then you can do that too. Live the life you want to live, do the things you want to do; it's entirely up to you. But however you choose to do it, do it now. Drop everything and do it right now. This is the best PlayStation 2 game ever made. Period.
    http://ps2.ign.com/articles/559/559560p1.html

And no spoilers please It doesn't hit the UK til Friday
    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

I got it Monday night! It really is an awsome game, and is HUGE!!! You can drive and drive and drive, and still not get that far... kind of like a real city. It plays a lot like Vice City, so if you are familiar with it, then you shouldn't have any problems.
    The one thing that people should be warned about is the language in it. It definitely is not for small children! There are so many 4 letter words used (and a bunch with more than 4 letters) in the first 5 minutes of the games it would make a sailor blush!!! But, I guess that adds to the realism of how people acted then.
    Just to give you an idea of how big it is, the hints manual for it is 272 pages!!! From what I have heard, it is supposed to give between 30-50 hours of gameplay to do everything (depending on your gameplay level). Heck, I've spent about 5 hours playing, and have only done 3 missions... of course I've spent most of the time thrying to run from the police to get my wanted level lowered because I've accidently run over somebody (or a few hundred ). Oh yeah... that's another thing... if the police catch you, not only do they take you to jail, but that jack part of your $$$ also!
    Oh well... that's just some brief comments, but to answer your question, YES, it really is as good as they say!

Comment

WTF I've been having it

Comment

Originally posted by dynamite
        I got it Monday night! It really is an awsome game, and is HUGE!!! You can drive and drive and drive, and still not get that far... kind of like a real city. It plays a lot like Vice City, so if you are familiar with it, then you shouldn't have any problems.
        The one thing that people should be warned about is the language in it. It definitely is not for small children! There are so many 4 letter words used (and a bunch with more than 4 letters) in the first 5 minutes of the games it would make a sailor blush!!! But, I guess that adds to the realism of how people acted then.
        Just to give you an idea of how big it is, the hints manual for it is 272 pages!!! From what I have heard, it is supposed to give between 30-50 hours of gameplay to do everything (depending on your gameplay level). Heck, I've spent about 5 hours playing, and have only done 3 missions... of course I've spent most of the time thrying to run from the police to get my wanted level lowered because I've accidently run over somebody (or a few hundred ). Oh yeah... that's another thing... if the police catch you, not only do they take you to jail, but that jack part of your $$$ also!
        Oh well... that's just some brief comments, but to answer your question, YES, it really is as good as they say!
        No way man, in the IGN review the reviewer was playing for 60+ hours and was only at 50%.... it'd take you far more than 50 hours to get 100% and do everything... it might take that long to beat the game though.

I got yesterday morning... the game is amazing. I'm loving the new features, like the ability to climb over walls, swim in water, and run and gun. You have no clue how many times I wished I could do that in Vice City lol

MGM out

Comment

The PC version will rawk

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
            The PC version will rawk
            And be modable too! But to be honest, I liked the PS2 version of Vice City better than the PC version. I guess it is the controller thing for the PC (since I don't have one), made it harder to move around.

Comment

When is the PC version coming out? Somewhere begin 2005?

Comment

Originally posted by dynamite
                And be modable too! But to be honest, I liked the PS2 version of Vice City better than the PC version. I guess it is the controller thing for the PC (since I don't have one), made it harder to move around.
                Driving-wise, yes... but the shooting was far superior on the PC version... you can't beat the mouse/keyboard combo

And the PC version hasn't been announced yet, although most people are guessing it will come out since GTA1-3 and Vice City were all ported over

MGM out

Comment

I pre order one (UK) from a shop that arranges it so you get it about a week early but it still hasn't arrived and with 2 days till the official UK release im getting worried that it just might not arrive =-/

Comment

Originally posted by Acid Burn
                    I pre order one (UK) from a shop that arranges it so you get it about a week early but it still hasn't arrived and with 2 days till the official UK release im getting worried that it just might not arrive =-/
                    Or it might show up the day of its release lol

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by MetalGearMaster
                      And the PC version hasn't been announced yet, although most people are guessing it will come out since GTA1-3 and Vice City were all ported over
                      I really hope so, because I can't wait to play it.

Comment

If I had the cash, I'd buy it. Now.

Comment

Or it might show up the day of its release lol
                          It better show up tomorrow (release day) or im gonna be so pissed off :@

Comment

There's no chance in hell that you can get it a week early in the shops. If you know the right people you may have been able to get it yesterday evening as I heard some shops took deliveries then.
                            Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C
                              There's no chance in hell that you can get it a week early in the shops. If you know the right people you may have been able to get it yesterday evening as I heard some shops took deliveries then.
                              Yea, I usually don't believe someone got the game early unless they show me the box but there are some people that get it very early. Some stores order new games once a week or so, and so they might get the game a few days or up to a week earlier if the game is being shipped by then

MGM out

Comment

Working...
                              X