This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the Chit Chat form for?

"Drop in here to discuss whatever you want." That is what is says but I am learning this is not what it is about.

vBulletin is starting to show a side I assume a lot of people have not seen.

lets go thru them all
    first Thread I asked some questions and of course the few who think they are somebody attempted to get rude. (No other way to prove anything if they couldnt answer the questions) So it was closed since it was going no where...

Welp I was in the middle of asking a honest question and made the thread here and even put (positive in it). And I get music people telling me about spelling. TheMusicMan uttered (I'd have a job voting for Bush when I am not even American.) Ah yeah thank you Mr. Hooked on Phonics. Just to let you know in a friendly manner, "I hope this thread gets locked too" you should put a ; not a ,

I never knew a thread would be closed for grammer! Wow. Ignore spelling in this thread becuase its being done off a 2way so just sound it out if it spelled rong. (I know...wrong.)

Look Jellosoft (sorry spelling) You put fear into your members so they cant ask a question. Why?

Poor DarknessDivine was curious as well as I am sure at least 60% of your other users and You guys were ready to pounce.

That shows something.

Zachery... (sigh) Zachery... where did I say I have illegal software? Your first statement give strong implications that I have or at lest a threat to software pirates directed tward me. What is the point of that? We all know the law here. I am asking you this before you closed this thread. You see when you say this, others who may agree wont agree online due to the fact they are agreeing with a pirate. Or they think they are... So watch how you direct things.

You also state "I personaly do not believe this will ever be an option due to security risks, not to mention it could cause overall problems." (The fact of a close my account button.)

I have to ask what risks? I read what you posted here and no offense but what your saying is what I am afraid of. keep users to make your site look larger? or what if they come back? To me, if I want to go I want to go. Who cares if I want to come back later. (Now tell me no one else agrees to that?)

A user should have the right. To be able to close thier account. Why cant I close my account? No... really why? Some countries this is the law. You guys love to look at peoples grammar and look for stupid things to make points on but you dont answer the questions.

The last thread had no reason to close but its your site not mine. It only shows a fear. (To me at least it does).

And the danced around main part I was asking you is still there...
    You use vB.org for paid member access only (code at least). Its owned by you guys. I read everything everyone else posted which was kind... but when people ask... (and I HAVE READ YOUR FAQ AND YOUR STICKIES.) You do not warn them clearly about support on these things.

Please read on:
    Where does it state that if you use any code on vB.org it de-validates your software? WHERE? some where obvious please. Dont give me a url long as my... well... yeah as long as that.

Look at how many people say... how do I... you say... better go over to vB.org

and thats that. Once there... oh look... only paid members can use this... ok.
    NOW TELL ME that does not give a mixed message?

I see it as your saying only paid members can use this... no where it says it will affect your code support... and of course the users that are uploading it are not even validated programmers. What a nice mix of horror.

wow. Yeah yeah there is some good stuff and surprise you dont need vb for all of the stuff... I can use v3 Arcade and dont have vB code anywhere... (WHAT?!). I may be in your face... but hey. I am in your face. what is the answer? A real answer.

How about this. close vb.org and just have it all here.
    No? How about stating clearly what happens when you use vB.Org stuff.
    No? How about removing the idea that you have to pay to use it. Cuz once I belive I have to pay to use it... I just assume its part of the package. NO?
    Or how about this. Keep it all the same and have have everyone guessing.

What is the DIFFERNCE? I see Themes (styles) here. What if the tables are not set right... Are you guys going to help me find out what the problem is?
    Does anyone here assume these styles are part of vBulletin? NO.

Come on. Maybe you can run that to my son... even he will say... "But daddy... that dont make sense..." Shhh son the big man is crazy.

Why don't you switch to InvisionBoard? I hear it's nice.
    Last edited by conqsoft; Wed 20th Oct '04, 10:13am.
    vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Originally posted by conqsoft
      Why don't you switch to InvisionBoard? I near it's nice.
      I saw it. No. Why dont blacks just go back to Africa? (a bit deep but the same idea)

I dont want InvisionBoard. I want vBulletin. So I want them to do it.
      I have my reasons.

Ok if my reasons are good enough... will vB do it?

Im not jumping on you BTW. Text can give that effect sometimes.

Comment

What exactly is it that you want vBulletin to do?
        vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Originally posted by conqsoft
          What exactly is it that you want vBulletin to do?
          Im sorry I thought you read up about it.

I want vB to have a close my account link. So a member can close thier account and information removed when they are ready.

At this point in time it cant do that.

And it looks like they dont want to add it either.

Unless of course... you hack the software.

Comment

How about posting it in the Suggestions forum, and waiting to see if it shows up in a future version?

And until then, if there is a hack available to do it, use that.

I don't see what's so complicated about that.

Comment

We do point out quite often on these forums that hacking your board will void direct support from us unless you remove the said modifications.

v3 Arcade is NOT our product; it is a product of one of our customers who wishes to release it to our customer base at his own cost.

Risks of someone getting into said users account and closing it, I've stated my opinion about such a feature on vBulletin.org.

You asked an honest question and got an honest answer, the thread was closed as its usefulness had been outlasted. We rarely close threads at all or at least without good reason.

I do not believe we have ever put fear into our customers, we allow them to express their opinions on the boards as long as they do not cross the line into flaming each other or another product. If you do not believe me look at all the other threads where users ask about other products, on other competitors forums such a thread would never see the light of day. (I am aware of this from personal experience.)

If a user wants to leave the site the way he can do so is at the descression of the Administration of that site and its staff. Each and every site may handle it defiantly from removing the account and all its post to simply removing personal information and the ability to re-login to the account. I personally prune my member base on all my sites every 6 months, and anyone who wishes to leave may request to have their account deactivated. But again this is my personal way of doing things, and it varies.

As I have stated above we mention numerous times around the site and at vBulletin.org that installing hacks can limit the amount of support you get here. However that being said, we do work with the user to determine if it is a problem with our software or the modifications, we ask them to restore their original files and if this still does not fix the problem, we continue to work with them to fix it.

We help out with styles that we make, or basic modifications to the style, but we will not spend an hour or two trying to fix a style's issues that we ourselves did not make.

vBulletin.org is there so that the members who wish to expand on the features of vBulletin AND understand enough php to hopefully trouble shoot their own issues can use it and become more productive. A vast majority of our customer base does not install hacks. vBulletin.org was spawned from vBulletin.com. Back before my time, during the 1.x days and early 2.0 days vBulletin.com hosted the modification resources, however we decided it would be best, considering we do not official support the modifications to move it to its own site, however still in our control.

Comment

If you wish to have your account closed her please let myself or one of the other staff members know.

Comment

FFS, 3 threads about some feature that wouldn't be practical, because people could then register with the removed name, and try to pass themselves as other people

And how on Earth is booting people out of a country sheerly due to the color of their skin ANYTHING like switching from one piece of software to another?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by kinglifer
                    I want vB to have a close my account link. So a member can close thier account and information removed when they are ready.

Then as a valid customer, fill in the Priority support form in the Member's Area and make a suggestion. We will review your suggestion and quite possibly include it in the next version. However, we don't include every suggestion (there are over 1000 requests for new features for vBulletin 3.1) so we created vBulletin.org to allow people an outlet if they can't create the feature themselves.

Honestly, I am not really sure what your problem with us is. If you look in the suggestions forum, you will that we proactively review hundreds of suggestions, comments and feedback and integrate them into the product in an ongoing basis.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

King, with all do respect, as you do indeed pirate vBulletin software, no one really gives you half the respect you deserve or care about your two cents because you're blowing more hot air than a hot air balloon.
                      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

You seem to be stuck on the idea that jelsoft owns all code posted on vB.org, this is not true. Jelsoft only owns the code in their software...

Now if a hack used no vB code or in other words 'intergrated' with the software and could be used independant of vBulletin. Then you could use that without vB if the author premitted you to.

Once you have a license to the software, you can access vB.org freely. Resources are a big reason people buy vBulletin, the restrictions on unlicensed users are put in place to discourage piracy of the software.

And also, yes we know not everyone on vB.org is a pro coder. Most of these people post code they wrote for use on their own sites. vB.org is about sharing code with others freely, helping others learn how to code, or learning how to code yourself.

Comment

I motion that this thread be closed as well.
                          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by kinglifer
                            Why dont blacks just go back to Africa?
                            That is totally uncalled for to post. If I see that type of posts from you again your account will be suspended. Consider this your first and final warning.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X