Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• driving test.. tomorrow..

Tomorrow is the day.. I finally have the chance to prove I can drive a car

Iam pretty nervous The driving test goes about 45 minutes and in the back of the car there is a stranger sitting (well the tester *g*) telling me what I have to do and Iam afraid Iam going to do something wrong.. (forget to use the turn signal or something stupid like that)

How did you feel on your driving test?
    That's the end of that!

Good luck - I wish I could drive a car, but my eyes are too bad. I'd make too much damage hehe.

Comment

Its not bad bro, just try to relax and stay cool. I recomend getting in a few hours around the general area your going to take the test in before you go take it, for me it was just the mile around the DMV. Don't worry about the guy testing you, the people driving around you are always far more crazy

Comment

Start by stepping down the gas and say 'let's do this y0' and drive away without looking around. Seriously, you're done after 5 minutes and he is to scared to let you fail. * trust me *

hehe

Just take a breathe, take your time. And look around you - and look ahead in traffic for situations and behaviour of other cars. Don't forget your required papers (if any) and think about it like 'cool, I get to drive again'.

Comment

I didnt have a driving test as such, Canberra has a competency based drivers licence system where you have X lessons (generally it was around 20 iirc) with an instructor in their car, and when they are happy you are able to drive without instruction, they tick the form off and you can go and get it.

Generally, if you've had enough practice you shouldnt be _really_ nervous. Are you affraid of forgetting something? Maybe you should do a bit of study before it!

Good luck.

Comment

Well in Germany the system is usually like this:

You have to take a specific amount of lessons where you learn all that theoretical stuff. Basically you sit there like in a classroom and the teachers tells you what you have to do when for instance you are out of gas on the autobahn (actually you are not allowed to and you are fined if you don't have any gas left when driving on the autobahn ).

After that you have to do a test. You must answer 30 questions (out of ~1900) on a kind of multiple choice standardized questionnaire. If you have more than 10 failures you have failed and you must do the test again after 2 weeks. If you fail 3 times in a row you must do special test (called Idiotentest in Germany where idiot means jerk ).

After the theoretical stuff it comes to the driving. You must have at least 14 hours of driving (each hour is ~ 45 minutes) and 3-4 special lessons (driving by night, driving on the autobahn, ..). If your driving instructor thinks you are ready for the driving test he tells the TÜV (Technical Supervisory Association) and they send out the tester. Now you have 45 minutes to prove you are able to drive a car. He will sit in the back of the car, telling you where to go (or to drive ) and after that he tells you wether you made it or not.

Some testers even ask questions like „what oil do you need“ or „how you can refill the oil“ but that's up to the tester.
            That's the end of that!

Comment

Driving tests are not difficult, provided you take them in a good place. I.e. don't take them in extremely busy cities etc. It's been a while since I took my basic driving test, but last year I had to take a test for driving an emergency response vehicle.
              HFT Online - Professional computer help ... with a personal touch

Comment

Man you guys have it hard, you know how I got my license?

I turned 18, read a book once, took the written 20 question test and got a learners permit. A week later I came back in, took the driving test (about 5 minutes, honestly a trip around the block), got my license and don't have to renew it til 2015.

It was so easy, now I understand why all these people over here are crazy on the roads!

I wish you luck

Comment

I failed mine the first time coz the instructor thought I was gonna hit a parked wagon, even though I was far away from it.

Just relax though, take your time and leave plenty space between yourself and parked vehicles.

[OT] You have to retake you test every 20 years in America I don't have to renew till I'm 70!
                  Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.loo

I turned 18, read a book once, took the written 20 question test and got a learners permit. A week later I came back in, took the driving test (about 5 minutes, honestly a trip around the block), got my license and don't have to renew it til 2015.

It was so easy, now I understand why all these people over here are crazy on the roads!

I wish you luck
                    Sounds about the same for me

Comment

best of luck

Comment

Thank you very much

Tomorrow, 19th of October at 11:30 AM GMT +2

Iam going to sleep now..
                        That's the end of that!

Comment

Good luck Mr Nase ^^; I am sure you will do just fine, just don't crash the car.

What is the fine for running out of gas on the autobahn?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.loo

I wish you luck
                            Don't you have to hold your permit for a certain amount of time before you can get your license? What you said just doesn't sound right...

Comment

I was just reading my driving manual today! My permit test is exactly one month from today.

Good luck!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X