Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Xp Users Please Read!

Hi everyone,

I am needing a boot disk for my tiny machine. I was wondering if someone could possible create one following these instructions. YOU WILL NEED WINDOWS XP HOME SP1 TO MAKE THE BOOT DISKS ANY OTHER VERSIONS OF WINDOWS WILL NOT WORK. Including professional.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305595/EN-US/#3

NOTE: You DO NOT need the windows CD.

Copy the Ntldr and the Ntdetect.com files from the I386 folder on the Windows XP Setup CD-ROM, Windows XP Setup floppy disk, OR from a computer that is running the same version of Windows XP as the computer that you want to access with the boot floppy."

That is not the complete list of instructions please go to the following microsoft page above to see the full list. It's about a 2 minute job.

Thanks in advance for anyone doing this for me - if you could make the disc then copy all of the files (including any that are hidden) and zip them as an attatchment onto here I would be VERY greatful.

P.S. Before anyone says I can do this from the microsoft website (I can but I need 6 floppy disks) I have already bought two packs. Only one disk out of the 20!! of these works. So I was hoping someone would be so kind as to make a boot disk for me.
    Best Regards,

Matthew M (matius4)

Why can't you boot from cd?
    Christopher Padfield
    Web Based Helpdesk
    DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

Originally posted by chrispadfield
      Why can't you boot from cd?
      I only have a recovery disk no actual windows xp disk.
      Best Regards,

Matthew M (matius4)

Comment

Originally posted by matius4
        I always find it funny that you pay for the OEM license of the operating system and they give you a recovery set which is useless and not the OEM OS cd rom for a fresh install.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
          I always find it funny that you pay for the OEM license of the operating system and they give you a recovery set which is useless and not the OEM OS cd rom for a fresh install.
          Wish I could find the funny side

ok I've managed to get a boot disk now

I get this troubleshooting error. Can anyone translate it to what I have to do?

"If an incorrect SCSI driver has been selected or the Ntbootdd.sys file does not exist, you may receive the following error message:

Windows XP could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware. Please check the Windows XP (TM) documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information. Boot Failed. "

Thanks in advance...
          Best Regards,

Matthew M (matius4)

Comment

I don't provide Microsoft support. Maybe www.micrsoft.com does?
            Wish I could find the funny side

ok I've managed to get a boot disk now

I get this troubleshooting error. Can anyone translate it to what I have to do?

"If an incorrect SCSI driver has been selected or the Ntbootdd.sys file does not exist, you may receive the following error message:

Windows XP could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware. Please check the Windows XP (TM) documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information. Boot Failed. "

Thanks in advance...

Comment

lmao, dude, you have got to come work at my job! We buy all these Dell pc's and they give us these reinstallation/recovery discs! What the hell am I supposed to do with those?!

MGM out

Comment

I don't provide Microsoft support. Maybe www.micrsoft.com does?
                As we are all trying to be funny, i doubt that site would offer support...

Comment

Odd...you must have one of those clunky HPs.
                  ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                  Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew-ningc
                    As we are all trying to be funny, i doubt that site would offer support...
                    It is their product, why wouldn't they provide support?

Comment

It is their product, why wouldn't they provide support?
                      MS does not provide support for OEM-licenses. That's up to the manufacturer of the system the license belongs to.

Comment

He is indicating you misspelled Microsoft. (You left out the first 'o').
                        - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Z
                          He is indicating you misspelled Microsoft. (You left out the first 'o').
                          lmao, I didn't even realize that until you said it

MGM out

Comment

there is a dot com for everything remember that look at http://www.bootdisk.com
                            CredibleHost

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X