What do you do...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do...

...when certain members will simply not stop complaining?

I'll bite.

What are they complaining about?

Comment

Most members complain that certain things can't be done fast enough, or perhaps they need to view ads, or they have to pay for this, ect..

I tell them ussually if I'm fed up: "Run the community for one week, and make all of the changes you want, then answer the requests of others."

Comment

Oh I see.

I am really new to running a vB community. So I haven't had that experience yet. I have seen the whining complainers on other sites though. Usually, as with infants, it is just a immature attempt to get attention. You know, bad attention is better than no attention.

You might try dropping them a bone once in a while. Like suggesting that once a week, they PM you with a REALLY good idea. They will feel so special that you care, that they will probably stop bugging you. For a while at least. My guess is that these members simply crave your personalized attention.

Take it easy.
        MM

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew111888
          ...when certain members will simply not stop complaining?
          I give them the boot.

Comment

I give them a link to our forum rules, the link to the answer - and a request to actually read the text on those pages and stop whining about it or face their account being suspended. If they don't shape up, I let Jake boot them.

Comment

One member persisted in demanding things that shouldn't be demanded--admins do this, admins do that, demanding respect, demanding apologies, things like that.

He threatened to leave the site and take all high posters if we did not change a rule. We changed the rule and my co-administrator told the kid not to make a pansy threat such as that again.

The kid made a rather lengthy post as to how administrators must respect and be kind to everybody, and begin demanding things. He was temporarily banned for a week, and now members are complaining we're fascist dictators focused upon silencing freedom of speech .

Comment

I would have banned him from the start.
                vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

One member persisted in demanding things that shouldn't be demanded--admins do this, admins do that, demanding respect, demanding apologies, things like that.

He threatened to leave the site and take all high posters if we did not change a rule. We changed the rule and my co-administrator told the kid not to make a pansy threat such as that again.

The kid made a rather lengthy post as to how administrators must respect and be kind to everybody, and begin demanding things. He was temporarily banned for a week, and now members are complaining we're fascist dictators focused upon silencing freedom of speech .
                  wow man... I would have been pissed beyond belief. And I would've banned him from the start too. Hell, ban him now, and tell the members they don't need a member giving requests and demanding on the site when you yourself know very well what the members want and need (otherwise the members wouldn't be there at all)

MGM out

Comment

Yes, it's quite irritating.

Especially now that the member who has complained the most thus far is now resorting to petty homosexual and racist insults to try and get his way .

Makes me laugh because he has no grasp of grammatical skills and he can't spell for crap .

Comment

Time to send him to Coventry!
                      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Yes, it's quite irritating.

Especially now that the member who has complained the most thus far is now resorting to petty homosexual and racist insults to try and get his way .

Makes me laugh because he has no grasp of grammatical skills and he can't spell for crap .
                        And you haven't banned him yet? May I ask... WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU! lol, seriously though, why isn't he on the IP Ban list yet

MGM out

Comment

You are allowed to police your board however you please. Remind him and everyone else that posting on your board is a privlege and you can suspend any person at any time for any reason without notice.

Most users don't seem to relize that your board dos'nt have to support the idea of free speech, what you say gose. You pay the bills not them, run things how you see fit.

He sent you a threat and you did the worse thing you could, you gave in to his demand. You've shown him that if he pushes enough that you will give an inch, now he wants the mile.

Comment

Hmmm...

Another vote for ... C O V E N T R Y !

Comment

I sent him to coventry and changed my 'quiet' message to something slightly more amusing. He reg'd a new account and persisted in insulting me because I coventry'd him, so I simply banned both accounts, IP banned him, and moved all threads of his to my Trash Can.

Brad--the demands did not begin until after the rule had been changed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X