X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHPCOW Newssystem, comments?

Hi all,

I found nothing trhough the forum search. Does someone have experience with www.phpcow.com ? It has a vbulletin user database integration and, unfortunately, a big price tag ($695). I dream of such a newssystem which is easy to use. I have absoluty no knowledge of php or html. Does someone know somewhat comparable that´s not so expensive?

Best Regards
    Nero

I didnt buy vbulletin yet, but im shure with it. But i need also a good newssystem, its very important for me. I think vBCMS will also have a good newssystem but it seems it (and the german translation) will not be released in 2004.

Best Regards
    Nero

Comment

There are a few "hacks" at vbulletin.org like vBIndex and vBAdvanced, both are very good and pretty easy to use.
      IIRC Posting a message in a specific forum will add that news post to your front page.

Comment

Some of that admin interface looks vagulely familiar
        http://www.deskpro.com/demo/admin/
        admin/admin
        Christopher Padfield
        Web Based Helpdesk
        DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

Originally posted by chrispadfield
          Some of that admin interface looks vagulely familiar
          http://www.deskpro.com/demo/admin/
          admin/admin
          Maybe they got 'inspired'

Man, I have a deskpro license and that is just an amazing piece of software!

Comment

Yeah, its only a couple of icons both the admin interfaces where inspired from vBulletins v1 I believe anyway
            Christopher Padfield
            Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

PHPCow

Well I see you really afraid of the price. So contact me by msn and i'll make the special discount for each of you. By the way - what we offer is an unique. It's not just the news publishing system, but it's an innovation in templating concepts. We say - even the customer with basic HTML skills can create the site like CNN or Sports illustrated... and we demonstrate that really.

That's not joke - this is Joseph from PHPCow.

thanks to all

Comment

Wow Dude, you are serious about Dicounts eh ?
                @[email protected]

Comment

Phpcow

<removed part of post>

For those who think deskpro header is what we're going to use - than relax...
                  we will have the themese in a few day for admin interface like in cpanel theme section.

Again, thanks for your interest
                  Last edited by Floris; Sat 16 Oct '04, 3:00am.

Comment

Please don't advertise your services on our web site. Post content removed.

Comment

I hoped it wouldn't come to this but have to say I was disappointed with PHPCow's attitude. They seem to have a nice product but their attitude in emails is certainly one of defensiveness and even accusations and not a simple apology/explanation for their mistake; the last email they sent suggested some of Ceonex's work was copied from somewhere else. I am not sure this is the type of company I would want to deal with.
                      Christopher Padfield
                      Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

Joseph

Chris, well I'm not sure where you refer now.
                        I've sent you the personal apologize already.

For those who is just interested, here is the attachment. admin interface is the draft yet, constructed temporarely. An unique theme is coming soon for phpcow as lots of design companies wish to do that.

Chris, talk to me on PM and you will see my friendly tone there.

Joseph
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hmm. Another $500+ Zend encoded PHP script with a domains-by-proxy registration address. Sorry man but that's three red flags (the price isn't a flag on it's own until you add in the other two). Was a nice thought while it lasted.
                          "I can't seem to bring myself to say, 'Well, I guess I'll be toddling along.'
                          It isn't that I can't toddle. It's that I can't guess I'll toddle."

--Robert Benchley (1889-1945)

Comment

This is not the PHPCow support forums. Please contact them directly if you have questions or problems with their script.
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X