This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Floris
    I put a link in my signature on sites where I register.
    I invest in advertisement.
    I hold competitions.
    I offer additional reasons (entries) to come to the same site.
    We do the same as Floris, and we also use posters and banners at the local health centers, malls etc.

Comment

Signatures, both on forums and via e-mails tend to help.

I also have an eagle-eyed moderator who found a free Google Adwords voucher for the site.
      Site Admin - http://www.savedbygrace.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Toneboy
        Signatures, both on forums and via e-mails tend to help.

I also have an eagle-eyed moderator who found a free Google Adwords voucher for the site.
        OOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I want one

Care to share where it was found???
        Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

I think they're pretty freely available. Go to Google and search for a free voucher, it will probably take you to a marketing forum which has a link (I think that's the way my moderator found it).
          Site Admin - http://www.savedbygrace.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Kane
            On the back of the singles/albums it gives the web address and people just go to the board from there.
            You run the Muse message board?

h

Comment

Here is how I promote my community:
              Put a link in my sig wherever I go (foras, and e-mails)
              Hand out GMail invites for referrals
              Hold competitions
              Host high-quality sites for free but have them place a link to kF in their sites.
              Join LOTS of topsites
              Make special content for members only

Comment

1. Links in sigs in forums, emails etc
                2. URL in my MSN screen name
                3. Threads advertising in similar forums (where alowed)
                4. Word of mouth
                5. Topsites
                6. Media downloads only available to those who register
                7. Referals competition

Comment

Why do you all put your link in your sig? Is it to promote on these forums or do you expect a higher rating in search enginges? I didn´t do so because i don´t think any of you will be interested in a luxembourgish forum.
                  [HOWTO] integrate any vB site into Opera quicksearch

Comment

Of those of you that promote in signature, do you allow promotion in signatures on your site too?
                    Computer Help Forum
                    An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

Comment

I've only just started putting my URL in my sig on other boards... and the answer as to whether I allow it... sometimes

We have a policy guiding all spam and advertising, that roughly boils down to: If the user is making positive and constructive contributions to the forum, then we allow them to promote their work or other stuff as long as it is done tastefully and not aggressively.

This is quite subjective, so that mods enforce it... though the members love this as it does protect them from a lot of spam and gives them the freedom to promote things that they might be interested in... so a lot of policing comes from the members themselves.
                      London Fixed-gear and Single-speed

Comment

Of those of you that promote in signature, do you allow promotion in signatures on your site too?
                        Yip

Comment

I just updated my signature as seen below my post. Will this signature get people's attention and interest in the site?

Comment

I posed that question because I have mixed feelings about the sigs. I use one at all the vB related sites for admins for the link count, if it helps. I don't however put my sig on sites I'm just a member of for chit chat or whatever. As for links from forums with my topic on those I just put my link in my profile. If I'm active and well aquainted with the owner I may put on in my sig though. If another admin came to my site I'd want them to be a poster and maybe I wouldn't mind a link. But I have to question most that show up once make a profile and sig and don't post much.

Very subjective consideration.
                            Computer Help Forum
                            An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

Comment

I find that your site in the sig works and signing up to topsites related to your sites topic work well too.

Comment

Please don't bump posts that are from 2004.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X