This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you publicize your forums?

Other than submitting your forums to search engines and directories, how did you guys publicize your forums/web site?

I put a link in my signature on sites where I register.
    I invest in advertisement.
    I hold competitions.
    I offer additional reasons (entries) to come to the same site.

Comment

My active member base came from sending news to gaming sites about my clan.

Comment

*points v*

I put links in sigs and if they come they come.
        Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

I found for myself, was to like floris said add your site within your sig.

Also maybe have a few areas on your forum, that are not useable for guest, or under a certain post count.

But i found the best way, is to offer something for free, everyone loves free stuff, so based on your site, give them so thing for free, from free images to suit there site, to free downloads of items, and so on.

Hold regular comp, this works well, we do this month on hosting, bring many members in. Also offer discount. As you grow join partners with others that match your theme and offer a discount with them, so you get people coming from that site and vica versa.

Comment

When I first started my site I posted a link in the media section of the large forum covering that subject matter. This was where links to other sites of that subject matter were to go, so it was perfectly fine.

Videos made by users are a large part of the sport (bike trials), so I offered anyone video hosting that wanted it. I said that they must post it on my forum, and when they posted their video on other forums, they had to post a clickable link to my site. Something like "Thanks to Matt at ObservedTrials.net for hosting".

People eventually started migrating over and within 6 months I was the largest site covering the subject in North America and I am now the second largest in the world.
            vBulletin Staff > *
            vBulletin > *

Comment

On the back of the singles/albums it gives the web address and people just go to the board from there.

Comment

I was patient
                http://forums.cpfc.org/

Comment

I simply run a forum community that is for a larger chatting community which contains 100,000+ registered members and they found reason to stop by.

Comment

Holding competitions is normally a good traffic booster, depending on what you are offering and your target audience, as well as your budget.

Advertising works wonders for many, though that is more a budget-sensative option. I am sure if you asked around, you could find a few cheap areas to advertise and then move up if that builds revenue for you (if you are after such, otherwise just traffic ).

Comment

Links in sigs
                      Word of mouth (a huge one!)
                      Working out affiliate programs with other websites
                      Radio commercial (boy oh boy did this one work well!)
                      | DiscBurn | CD & DVD Replication services, film and VHS to DVD, and duplication equipment
                      |
                      Disc On Demand | Short-run CD & DVD duplication... all online.

Comment

Originally posted by Lacrosse Boy
                        Links in sigs
                        Word of mouth (a huge one!)
                        Working out affiliate programs with other websites
                        Radio commercial (boy oh boy did this one work well!)
                        Did it really? Did you do it to any station or a popular one? And was the audience your target? How much did it cost?

I've been thinking of doing this myself but didn't know the details or the outcome

MGM out

Comment

I supppose it would depend on what your target audience is as to how well it works.

Comment

It was for a local area on stations that the 25-under audience listens to.

I am no longer in control of that site however, I've moved on to start up something new, which will have a short corresponding radio show.
                            | DiscBurn | CD & DVD Replication services, film and VHS to DVD, and duplication equipment
                            |
                            Disc On Demand | Short-run CD & DVD duplication... all online.

Comment

I simply do like Floris does and put a link in the sig box on most mboards I'm on.
                              Kim

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X