Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gonna purchase a vBulletin forum, but I wonder about one thing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna purchase a vBulletin forum, but I wonder about one thing...

I want an intro site to the forum, but I don't know if this is available in vBulletin. To show you what I'm talking about, here's a PHP site with that kind of intro site: http://www.guitarvoice.com/

Anyone know?

Btw, sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, didn't know where it would be most appropriate to post it.

You want what's called a portal.
    There are several free portals offered at vbulletin.org .. they should be what you're looking for.
    www.warboards.org

Comment

Originally posted by ehjay
      You want what's called a portal.
      There are several free portals offered at vbulletin.org .. they should be what you're looking for.
      Danke, I'll see if I can find that. Do you know exactly where to find more info on this?

Comment

Look in this forum: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=82
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Try http://www.vbadvanced.com/ , that might be what you're looking for...
          I believe that one is also posted over at .org, but I can't always find what I'm looking for there... I do believe I'm search-impaired...

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone, it was really helpful.

Btw, does anyone know where I could get a quality chatroom in my vBulletin forum? I'd really want one, as I've seen such in other forums, but I don't recall seeing one in a vBulletin forum.

Comment

There are several posts at vBulletin.org as well that can supply the following (correct me if I'm wrong)..

IRC Chatroom Integration
              Multiple chatroom software integration

Not sure about a chatroom if it wasn't provided by other software or IRC.. but you can get the chatroom software for FREE as well as an IRC room.

Comment

Originally posted by Yngtchie
                Thanks for the replies everyone, it was really helpful.

Btw, does anyone know where I could get a quality chatroom in my vBulletin forum? I'd really want one, as I've seen such in other forums, but I don't recall seeing one in a vBulletin forum.
                You could also use some of the custom-made shoutboxes... they work almost exactly like chatrooms but integrated fully into the forums (and can appear on the main forum page)

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by MetalGearMaster
                  You could also use some of the custom-made shoutboxes... they work almost exactly like chatrooms but integrated fully into the forums (and can appear on the main forum page)
                  Cool, I've seen those on other forums, looks really cool and works great. I'll look around and see if I can find those you mentioned.

Also, can I install these after I've created the forums, or do I have to do something while installing? Sorry for the newbie questions, I just wanna make sure everything gets installed properly, and there are no errors.

Comment

All hacks must be installed after vBulletin is installed.

Comment

Originally posted by squall14716
                      Thank ye.

Comment

Originally posted by squall14716
                        Yup, install the vB first then go to work on additions and what-not, if you want to make any at all that is

MGM out

Comment

The web portal for the web site you posted above if PHP-Nuke. I use to have PHP-Nuke, but it was too hard for me to customize it so I got rid of it.

Comment

Working...
                          X