• Time
  • Show
Clear All

INTERNET EXPLORER 6.0 / Win XP-Pro

Best: Navigation-Link-Clicking ...
    http://vbg.halloo.de/start.wav

Comment

Originally posted by squall14716
      Sorry, but from what I've seen, the few security issues Firefox has had were not majorly critical, and they were fixed promptly.

IE, on the other hand, still has some security holes last time I heard.
      So does Firefox... Only 2 of the last 16 holes are fixed in Firefox.

Anyway, this is what Zachery was talking about:
      http://lists.seifried.org/pipermail/...ly/004345.html

Do a search on XUL Security. You will see hundreds of references to this problem on the Internet.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Nice to see people backing up their points with facts - thanks for the reference Wayne - will take a look now s
        Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Marco
          I voted Firefox and IE.

I use Firefox as my default browser (version 0.10.1 as we speak) and IE6 SP2 for a few sites that won't work right in Firefox. But I use Firefox where I can.

As a sidenote, though, when using IE I constantly find myself trying to open new tabs.
          As do I. If I am over at a friends house, and I see they still use IE, I will do them a favour and use my Firefox CD.

Comment

I love FF for the tabbed browsing.

Comment

Originally posted by 0ptima
              I love FF for the tabbed browsing.
              I also enjoy tabbed browsing.

Comment

Just one of many advantages Firefox has over IE. (Points out extensiability and RSS Auto-Discovery)

Comment

I could care less about RSS for the most part, and tabbed borwsing is not somthing im going to switch browsers for

Comment

What about the fact that if everyone used Firefox vBulletin would be easier to develop?

Comment

Actually, we tend to have more Firefox issues than any others.

Comment

I'd use Mozilla more if not for the huge memory footprint and the apparent glitches it seems to have (PR 1.0)...

I still have IE as my default browser, just in case I wanna search something on the web really fast...
                        OPEN TECH SUPPORT
                        "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

Firefox.

Comment

I use a combination of Opera, Mozilla, Firefox, and IE.
                            Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

I use firefox almost 99% of the time and use ie only on a few websites like fileplanet.com, and a few others that require it. I also use opera every once in a while to test out how sites look.

Comment

I've no real complaints with Opera other than the time it takes to load images at times

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X