Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What browser do you use?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What browser do you use?

    I use Firefox 24/7.. I just can't go back to using IE, anymore!
    143
    Mozilla
    7.69%
    11
    Firefox
    43.36%
    62
    Opera
    13.99%
    20
    Netscape
    2.80%
    4
    Safari
    3.50%
    5
    IE
    27.27%
    39
    "Something Else"
    1.40%
    2

  • #2
    Originally posted by Shadow Duelist
    I use Firefox 24/7.. I just can't go back to using IE, anymore!
    Ditto.

    apart from the occasional bugs, it's top notch.

    Comment


    • #3
      Was using Firefox but since it doesn't allow an easy way to cut and paste within WYSIWYG editors, it isn't very useful for me.
      Translations provided by Google.

      Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

      Comment


      • #4
        FF.

        Version 1.0 PR seems much more stable. It no longer bogs after being open for a long time. But I hate the new Ctrl F find feature. It doesn't search in frames or textareas. The old find feature did both of those things.

        Comment


        • #5
          perhaps it is a bug that it can't search in frames.
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

          Comment


          • #6
            Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Dean C
              I'm guessing your using IE? just kidding

              Comment


              • #8
                I use both Firefox and IE... IE more often, mainly because it's so integrated into Windows that it's a bit faster than FF, and speed is a very important factor for everything I use

                MGM out

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MetalGearMaster
                  I use both Firefox and IE... IE more often, mainly because it's so integrated into Windows that it's a bit faster than FF, and speed is a very important factor for everything I use

                  MGM out
                  When in Firefox, type "about:config" in the address box. Enter turbo in the filter box, and set browser.turbo.enabled to true.

                  I've found that it makes a great improvement. FF and IE now take about the same amount of time to load, 2-3 seconds, though I do use it almost all day long everyday. Except when FF crashes(which unfortunealty seems to happen more in 1.0PR than in previous versions) then it takes about 10s, and it takes it's cache with it. Very annoying. Though, I guess at least it doesn't take my taskbar and desktop with it like IE

                  Overall, I use Firefox exclusively. But 1.0PR has been a supreme disappointment, it is much less stable than 0.9+, and has more annoying crap.(like the find toolbar mentioned earlier)
                  TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by cirisme
                    When in Firefox, type "about:config" in the address box. Enter turbo in the filter box, and set browser.turbo.enabled to true.

                    I've found that it makes a great improvement. FF and IE now take about the same amount of time to load, 2-3 seconds, though I do use it almost all day long everyday. Except when FF crashes(which unfortunealty seems to happen more in 1.0PR than in previous versions) then it takes about 10s, and it takes it's cache with it. Very annoying. Though, I guess at least it doesn't take my taskbar and desktop with it like IE

                    Overall, I use Firefox exclusively. But 1.0PR has been a supreme disappointment, it is much less stable than 0.9+, and has more annoying crap.(like the find toolbar mentioned earlier)
                    Wooot

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I use IE6 with SP2 and don't plan on making any changes to another browser for permninate use.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by cirisme
                        When in Firefox, type "about:config" in the address box. Enter turbo in the filter box, and set browser.turbo.enabled to true.

                        I've found that it makes a great improvement. FF and IE now take about the same amount of time to load, 2-3 seconds, though I do use it almost all day long everyday. Except when FF crashes(which unfortunealty seems to happen more in 1.0PR than in previous versions) then it takes about 10s, and it takes it's cache with it. Very annoying. Though, I guess at least it doesn't take my taskbar and desktop with it like IE

                        Overall, I use Firefox exclusively. But 1.0PR has been a supreme disappointment, it is much less stable than 0.9+, and has more annoying crap.(like the find toolbar mentioned earlier)
                        Thanks for the tips... my homepage is already set to about:blank, but I'll put the others into effect and try it out for a few days and see if there is any difference in speed

                        MGM out

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Both IE & FireFox.

                          It would be nice if they fixed up the issues that FireFox has with XML though. Or did they already do that? Maybe I should ugprade my version and check.
                          Last edited by Vile; Thu 7th Oct '04, 2:59pm.
                          Webmaster / Administrator
                          www.MegaGames.com
                          www.MGForums.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I went from IE - Mozilla - FF - IE SP2.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              IE and Firefox
                              OPEN TECH SUPPORT
                              "Tech is our middle name!"

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X