Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the .. sidesearch?

Where the hell did this come from?

Since a week I sometimes goto a new URL (one I never visited before) and this can be a vbulletin forum or whatever web site and then the page refreshes on the left with a column of lycos sidesearch. I never installed a toolbar, plugin or other things, I run daily scans with various anti virus, trojan, worms, cookie killers and name it. Just to avoid this kind of cr#p.

Does someone else experience this, or does someone know where this comes from?

And yes, for the FireFox lovers here, I also use FireFox, but sometimes I don't mind using Internet Explorer 6, Netscape 7.2, Mozilla 1.x or Opera 7.5x aside FireFox 1.x - so keep those conversations to another thread, tnx.

Sidesearch; stupid [email protected]#%
    Attached Files

Spyware -_-"
    http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner...ch/index.phtml
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Detection
      Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner detects Lycos SideSearch.
      I have all three installed and they do not detect it.

Comment

Nor do I have a lycos/ folder or registry settings

Comment

wonder if it is a changed in the default search engine....cause I know you can alter it.
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I had this problem too, I ran ad-aware and it cleared it up

Floris, have you tried updating your software to the latest version? Perhaps your versions are outdated or using wrong referance files

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
              Where the hell did this come from?

Since a week I sometimes goto a new URL (one I never visited before) and this can be a vbulletin forum or whatever web site and then the page refreshes on the left with a column of lycos sidesearch. I never installed a toolbar, plugin or other things, I run daily scans with various anti virus, trojan, worms, cookie killers and name it. Just to avoid this kind of cr#p.

Does someone else experience this, or does someone know where this comes from?

And yes, for the FireFox lovers here, I also use FireFox, but sometimes I don't mind using Internet Explorer 6, Netscape 7.2, Mozilla 1.x or Opera 7.5x aside FireFox 1.x - so keep those conversations to another thread, tnx.

Sidesearch; stupid [email protected]#%
              While this may or may not help, a link such as
              HTML Code:
              <a href="http://www.vbulletin.com/" target="_search">vBulletin</a>
              will cause the URL to show up in the search pane in both IE and Firefox. That's kind of cool, except that there is no known way to programatically close that pane.

Comment

Download hijack this. 'Tis a very useful tool.
                Chamber of Secrets - The Ultimate Harry Potter Community!

Comment

Also very dangerous if you dont know what you are doing

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X