Has this ever happend to you? o_O

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has this ever happend to you? o_O

Right now im on a different computer but....my computer downstairs cant.....well access anything. And what i mean is all that shows on my comp is the background. No icons, no startup, no task bar and ctrl+ alt+ delete doesnt work. Yet when i press caps lock the green light turns on and off so i know theres nothing wrong with my keyboard. Does anyone knows whats wrong with my comp? plz help

Sounds like the user account got screwed up, what operating system do you run? win98 or win2000 or winxp?

Does this happen on 1 account or also when you login as administrator?

Comment

windows xp...why? can u help me?

Comment

The 'why' is because it helps determine what might be wrong. Each version or each operating system handles things differently. Giving you help for win98 doesn't work if you have winxp.

Comment

so what do u think i should do to fix my dilemma?

Comment

Originally posted by Druj
            so what do u think i should do to fix my dilemma?
            Restart your computer and keep hitting F8 as it starts up. It might not be F8, could be F3 or Delete or F12 (depending on your pc, but F8 is the usual key to press).... it will take you to a menu. Choose Safe Mode and let it start up. Login as administrator and see if the same thing happens. If not ,something is wrong with your profile that you login with. Let us know what happens when you login as Administrator and we'll help you from there

MGM out

Comment

Well, get support from microsoft - since they made it.

Can you login as administrator?

Comment

ok i got in every thing is showing. Taskbar, icons , the wholeworks. What should i do now?

Comment

Originally posted by Druj
                  ok i got in every thing is showing. Taskbar, icons , the wholeworks. What should i do now?
                  Then it's your profile... best way to fix it is to either make a new one or delete the old one (and make a new one anyways)

so click Start, go to Control Panel, double click on User Account, and Create a new account... then login under that account to get in

From there, all you gotta do is transfer all your files from your old profile to this new one

MGM out

Comment

Gah what the hell...ok i logged on as administrator and everything seemed fine. So i created another account. I restarted the comp and tried to log on as my new account, But as soon as i logged on it logged me off o_O the same for the other account as well. Any thoughts on this?

Comment

My brother in law has this too since yesterday, sounds like a new virus or other nasty thing that screws up accounts? What are the chances of 2 people in the world on the same day having the same problem

Comment

yea whats weird is when everything was fine i immediately ran a virus scan and deleted every infected file ....now i when i try to log on i get automatically logged off and i tried loggin on as admin but it wont work help me somebody

Comment

I called him and he hasn't resolved it. He just formatted the system again. Sorry; Can't help.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                            My brother in law has this too since yesterday, sounds like a new virus or other nasty thing that screws up accounts? What are the chances of 2 people in the world on the same day having the same problem
                            I think it is, my uncle has the same exact problem... and he got it after running Ad-Aware (supposedly). Every time he logged in he'd have to logout. The only way we fixed it was by formatting, but first he attached his harddrive to another pc and made backups of his files

Druj, unless Norton or McAfee or another antivirus software developer finds out about this, if it even is a virus, then you're out of luck. My best guess is to just reformat, and be sure to backup your files beforehand

MGM out

Comment

so how do i reformat? all i just wanna do is be connected to the internet and be able to access it and play warcraft....i mean is that really too much to askf or?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X