Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halo 2 ready?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3704136.stm

The title for Microsoft's Xbox was critically acclaimed when it first appeared in November 2001, going on to sell more than four million copies.

With the release of its sequel just a few weeks away, speculation is rife about whether Halo 2 will live up to the hype.

The team behind the game, Bungie Studios, has remained notoriously tight-lipped about what it will be like. "It picks up where Halo left off," said Pete Parsons, Bungie studio manager, "but we don't want to give out too many details about the story."
    Are you going to continue the fight against the Covenant? Or will you be playing a different game on your xbox this christmas?

Talking about xbox ..

ATI published that their new gpu for the xbox 2 is nearly ready..

ATI Technologies is expected to roll out a new GPU, codenamed R500, for the Xbox 2 in the first quarter of next year, according to market sources. ATI is cooperating with Microsoft to develop the chip, but the software vendor will be responsible for placing orders with TSMC. ATI will receive royalties from Microsoft based on the number of chips produced.
    http://www.digitimes.com/NewsShow/Ne...9&query=XBOX+2

Comment

I'll probably buy it. If it was as good as Halo, then there's nothing not to like

Comment

Even if it is just like Halo 1, I think the improved graphics, fixed customer feedback and some new stuff makes it at least feel like a solid halo 1.5 patch that makes it worth playing (like a cool add-on to version 1).

I wonder how it works on my ati x800 card!

Comment

NOO!!!! ATI cant go with the xbox 2 ;_;

Nintendo will now either need to make their own video card or do a joint project with ATI. :/

Comment

.. or Microsoft could buy Nintendo

Comment

Not going to happen, microsoft doesnt have "that" kind of money

Comment

Well, you never know.

Comment

And even if they did have that sort of money to buy nintendo, they wouldnt. Nintendo is the biggest video game company (thats only a video game company, er you know what i mean) I highly doublt they are going anywhere

Comment

I think you are right, I think Microsoft needs Nintendo as competition.

Comment

There's no progress without competition.

*sniff* i remember the Sega v Nintendo days *sigh*

how i miss them

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                        .. or Microsoft could buy Nintendo
                        :lol: ive been saying that for months now

I'll definitely be getting Halo 2.... can't wait till its out and I have my hands on it... and then the debate starts: Single player first, or multi player first?

MGM out

Comment

Single

Comment

Originally posted by MetalGearMaster
                            :lol: ive been saying that for months now

I'll definitely be getting Halo 2.... can't wait till its out and I have my hands on it... and then the debate starts: Single player first, or multi player first?

MGM out
                            I have a gamers policy I keep to: Finish the game, then finish the world.. So singleplayer first.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                              I have a gamers policy I keep to: Finish the game, then finish the world.. So singleplayer first.
                              That's usually my policy too.... but the only reason I still play Halo today is because of multiplayer... I'm just very eager to see what changes they've made to the multiplayer portion, such as maps, weapons, and game modes

MGM out

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X