No announcement yet.

Google Stock in danger? Think about it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Stock in danger? Think about it!

Oh my, look what I just read on Reuters:

Google Challenge: Keeping Wealthy Workers

As Google Inc. (Nasdaq:GOOG - news) nears the end of its first quarter as a public company, industry watchers say one of its emerging challenges is how to keep soon-to-be wealthy workers from cashing out and moving on.
    Very wise to walk away with money in the pants instead of the yearly bonus Just let's hope not everybody is doing that HAHA..

Based on Google's share price of around $130, Salary.com senior vice president Bill Coleman estimated that around 60 percent of the 1,900 Google employees with the company at the end of March each now hold stock options worth at least $1 million.
    If you have a stock, keep an eye on it!

"they're crossing their fingers and just hoping that good people will stay," said Vince Poscente, a management strategist and author.
    ... before you know it, it bites you hard - and they will know it before you do, trust me

Maybe I should get a few more stocks.

1 million dollars in stocks!? hell, I'd leave on the spot!!

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by MetalGearMaster
      1 million dollars in stocks!? hell, I'd leave on the spot!!

MGM out
      Their counter argument is that 1m might not be enough to retire.
      But hell, it will do just fine to work for a smaller company for just a day in the week to pay the bills and enjoy the 1m in stock from time to time to live life large.

Comment

You could probably just live off the ineterest

Comment

Exactly what I mean -> I'll do just fine I think
          I just need someone to keep me away from Vegas :>

Comment

The current employees of Google with shares will have to gamble on either selling now and making, say, $1 million and causing the problem descibed above. Or waiting to see if the new Google services like gmail etc can grow the company and increase the share value even further, so they can cash out at $2 million in 12 months time.
            HP DL-380 G6, 2x E5520, 28GB RAM, 4x300GB SAS, VMWare ESXi
            -
            Unreal Tournament : Assault forums - irc://irc.utassault.net:6667 -

Comment

The same could be said for any company who has high stock prices. They're only making a big deal about it because it's Google.

Comment

Where can you buy the Google stock? Or is it for employees only at the moment?
                That's the end of that!

Comment

Originally posted by MrNase
                  Where can you buy the Google stock? Or is it for employees only at the moment?
                  https://www.ipo.google.com/ might help. Haven't read it properly though.

Comment

The auction is closed but anyway I don't think I have had the chance to get one:

We have not undertaken any efforts to qualify this offering for offers to individual investors in any jurisdiction outside of the United States. Therefore, individual investors who are not U.S. persons should not expect to be eligible to participate in this offering.
                    That's the end of that!

Comment

I got 2 at the moment. Gained $22 so far.
                      Chamber of Secrets - The Ultimate Harry Potter Community!

Comment

Originally posted by M1th
                        I got 2 at the moment. Gained $22 so far.
                        Imagine if you had 200 You'd buy a new laptop right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                          Imagine if you had 200 You'd buy a new laptop right now.
                          Yep, wish I had the money to buy some more.
                          Chamber of Secrets - The Ultimate Harry Potter Community!

Comment

If I had stocks, I'd rather have Microsoft stocks than Google but that is just me.

Comment

Originally posted by M1th
                              Yep, wish I had the money to buy some more.
                              How did you get them?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X