Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding the issues of Michael Moore and Fahrenheit 911 - I've recently watched another short documentary called Control Room. It is filmed from the Middle-Eastern based US Military control center in Qatar, where the news agencies are provided with their information.

Shortly before the invasion of Iraq by the coalitation, a camera crew started following Al Jazeera media/television around. They documented the days prior and after the "Shock and Awe" tactics used, the death tolls, both US and Iraqi civilian casualties. And they received a huge amount of pressure from the US Administration to conform to their standards and stop showing the US dead.

This has, so far, provided me with the biggest single source of truth regarding the Iraq war. It gives you a complete fly on the wall perspective about the situation, without a dramatic sound track or having the conclusions repeated time after time. Draw your own conclusions, since it is inconclusive as a documentary in itself.

This was made and released prior to the Abu Ghraib prison abuse scandals, and could have included a lot more to backup some of it's points. It shows the different news agencies such as CNN, NBC, BBC and Al Jazeera all getting their stories from one source, the US Military. The way each story is broadcasted at the end is amazing, there are massive differences between the media outlets stories by the time they hit the screens at home.

Hightly recommended.
    HP DL-380 G6, 2x E5520, 28GB RAM, 4x300GB SAS, VMWare ESXi
    -
    Unreal Tournament : Assault forums - irc://irc.utassault.net:6667 -

Comment

The last question in the second presidential debate resonates...

"President Bush, during the last four years, you have made thousands of decisions that have affected millions of lives. Please give three instances in which you came to realize you had made a wrong decision and what you did to correct it..."

OPEN TECH SUPPORT
      "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

Let's simply say this:

If I hear "hard work" or "the wrong war at the wrong time" one more time from Bush... *I'M* likely to attempt to kill him! >.<

I *really* hate how Bush didn't answer most questions at ALL.

Kerry did have flaws, but not as HUGE as Bush.

See, this is why I'm pro-communism! XD

Comment

Originally posted by Raine
          If I hear "hard work" or "the wrong war at the wrong time" one more time from Bush... *I'M* likely to attempt to kill him! >.<
          I wouldn't go around making statements like that, even if you don't actually mean it.

As far as tonight's debate goes, I think President Bush did a lot better in this debate than in the first one. Both of them kept repeating themselves throughout the entire debate so I wouldn't be so quick to jump on Bush for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Radon3k
            IAs far as tonight's debate goes, I think President Bush did a lot better in this debate than in the first one. Both of them kept repeating themselves throughout the entire debate so I wouldn't be so quick to jump on Bush for it.
            I feel that Kerry's performance was better on average but the moments that were worse were far worse, and the moments that were better were far better (the question in which he was forced to look directly in the camera played out very well for him). I feel Bush did worse overall; it was particurally disappointing how he resorted to near-yelling and had a virtual fight with the moderator.
            --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
            Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
            vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

I liked how Kerry said he won't make into law his religious beliefs. That sits very well with me.

I only saw the last 30 minutes of the debate. I thought Bush was a much more effective speaker in this debate, from what I saw of the last 30 minutes.

Comment

Well, one thing's for sure, Bush never really answered the final question - spent the whole two minutes "not" answering it

Separation of church and state is not what Bush, or any "compassionate conservative" wants... If they had their way, they'd kick everyone who wasn't Christian out of this country...
                Last edited by Tolitz; Sat 9th Oct '04, 2:20am.
                OPEN TECH SUPPORT
                "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
                  I liked how Kerry said he won't make into law his religious beliefs. That sits very well with me.
                  If John Kerry had religious beliefs, he would extol himself not by saying he is religious but by being religious.

Originally posted by Tolitz
                  Well, one thing's for sure, Bush never really answered the final question - spent the whole two minutes "not" answering it

Separation of church and state is not what Bush, or any "compassionate conservative" wants... If they had their way, they'd kick everyone who wasn't Christian out of this country...
                  Tolitz, do you have something against conservatives? In every political thread you make false attacks against conservatives; yet no one else does until you start.

By the way, would you mind starting a new poll to discuss a new debate?

Comment

I would vote for kerry any day. Trouble is I won't be 18 on election day (sadly) so I can't vote

Comment

KERRY RULES!!! Bush is A*** (His Word)

Comment

I love the way the americans have these one on one debates in the run up to the election. We only get that in parliament, but it's not quite the same as a good one-to-one debate
                        Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine
                          By the way, would you mind starting a new poll to discuss a new debate?
                          One political discussion on this site is more than enough.
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

President Bush all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by H75
                              KERRY RULES!!! Bush is A*** (His Word)
                              I deleted your previous post where you sweared. And you continued to post again. This is why I address you on your postin behaviour. Please read our forum rules before you post again (Sticky thread in the announcement forum), thank you.

We do not allow users to flame, troll or rant others. And swearing just isn't nice.

Comment

@Floris: I saw that. Thanks. I wanted to change it, but there already came the message, which the Post does not exist any longer. Apology. (Translated with Google)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X