Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I feel like Blaarrgh - stupid neighbours

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I feel like Blaarrgh - stupid neighbours

    I wish I was rich so I could buy a house that is on an isle and nobody is around me, flies over me, etc.

    Last week was just simply crap for me, and having it finally past me I have a hard time falling asleep and it is now 10 in the morning and bunch of hours I saw my wife wake up and goto bed. Just like yesterday - and I didn't sleep during the day then too - and finally ..

    Finally I pass out in bed and feel good to fall asleep and close my eyes after she closed the door and then : bang, BRRRRRRR BRRRRRR BRRRRRRR our upstairs neighbours decided to use today to do a 6 hour drilling period to remove cement from the floor or wall or whatever they are doing. NO WAIT .. they are doing it together. So when she is doing bringing terror in one room as if she wants to come through the floor into my house, he is doing it in the other room. The sound just doesn't stop.

    Asking them to stop is just stupid, because it is my problem that I don't sleep at night, and they started at like 8:30 or something, for some reason that seems reasonable. And it is probably something that requires to be done.

    But I don't like it, so I am back on-line, music high up and hoping I don't hear the drilling and stop feeling tired and frustrated and annoyed.

    Since it helps to not kill someone but just project the frustration in a different way: I terrorise you guys - the ones that read this, by typing this here. As useless as it is. But it is either this, or putting that drill through their heads. This is the save choice I guess.

    Time for a lot of coffee, a lot of loud music and just another day of no sleep.

    Thank you for listening.

  • #2
    Yeah, it happens.

    Letting it out like you did also helps at times though
    Webmaster / Administrator
    www.MegaGames.com
    www.MGForums.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Usually I just plugin my Gibson Cherry Sunburst Les Paul 6string and turn open the Marshall 2x 80 Watt valvestate amp and try to make more noise. But last time I did that someone called the cops.

      Comment


      • #4
        Yup, they are drilling the road out side here as well ........

        Sleeping village in UK country side, pah !
        I wrote ImpEx.

        Blog | Me

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Floris
          I wish I was rich so I could buy a house that is on an isle and nobody is around me, flies over me, etc.
          terschelling is nice
          Originally Posted by Zachery
          John originally presented vBulletin to Infopop, they didn't take it, so he took it and sold it

          Originally Posted by Martin
          We had to do a lot of arm twisting to get him to do it, though. I would imagine he still hates us.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jerry
            Yup, they are drilling the road out side here as well ........

            Sleeping village in UK country side, pah !
            No they aren't. That is just the sound from the neighbours here drilling .. carries all the way over to the UK.

            Lol @ joriz

            Comment


            • #7
              Sorry to hear that you had a bad week.
              Last edited by John Michael; Thu 30 Sep '04, 12:50am. Reason: I spelt hear wrong.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by John Michael
                Sorry to hear that you had a bad week.
                Thank you!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Sorry for the noise. I am glad I live in a quiet neighborhood. Even with the construction company building 21 new homes at the end of my street, there is no noise. Only distraction are the occasional sirens from the firestation around the corner. Probably wouldn't even hear those if the sirens didn't cause every dog in the neighborhood to start howling, including mine.

                  Maybe a nice talk with the neighbors can limit their work to specific daytime hours to make it easier for everyone.
                  Translations provided by Google.

                  Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Sorry to hear that

                    The only noise I hear is when my father decides to work in his workroom. He's doing a lot of noisy things in there (sawing, sanding and so on).

                    I life in a quite peaceful neighborhood. All of them are 50+ and me and my neighboor (17) have a lot of fun tricking these old people
                    Last edited by MrNase; Thu 30 Sep '04, 6:49am.
                    That's the end of that!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I feel your pain floris, no one wants to be kind to us day sleepers.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                        Sorry for the noise. I am glad I live in a quiet neighborhood. Even with the construction company building 21 new homes at the end of my street, there is no noise. Only distraction are the occasional sirens from the firestation around the corner. Probably wouldn't even hear those if the sirens didn't cause every dog in the neighborhood to start howling, including mine.

                        Maybe a nice talk with the neighbors can limit their work to specific daytime hours to make it easier for everyone.
                        I don't mind some noise, but this is just very bad timing. Ear plugs won't help because you feel the drilling in your pillow, etc. Oh well. When it finally stopped I was awake for 6 hours, I went to bed and they started again. I slept for 30 minutes in the last 2 days. My support on these forums will be top notch quality

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                          Sorry for the noise. I am glad I live in a quiet neighborhood. Even with the construction company building 21 new homes at the end of my street, there is no noise. Only distraction are the occasional sirens from the firestation around the corner. Probably wouldn't even hear those if the sirens didn't cause every dog in the neighborhood to start howling, including mine.
                          The occasional earthquake must be distracting as well
                          --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                          Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                          vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by filburt1
                            The occasional earthquake must be distracting as well
                            Unless it is a 6.0, I pretty much sleep through them. Haven't felt any of the recent ones though the one in Keene/Arvin wasn't too far (only about 65 miles) from where I live, there is a large granite mountain range between.

                            However, I only live about 6 miles from the San Andreas faultline (on the North American Plate side).
                            Translations provided by Google.

                            Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 API

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'm about 2 Km from the fault. We did feel that quake the other day though...

                              Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                              Unless it is a 6.0, I pretty much sleep through them. Haven't felt any of the recent ones though the one in Keene/Arvin wasn't too far (only about 65 miles) from where I live, there is a large granite mountain range between.

                              However, I only live about 6 miles from the San Andreas faultline (on the North American Plate side).
                              Kim

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X