X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more "FREE" Invision Power Board!!

This from their site:
    The downloadable free trial of Invision Power Board has been removed and replaced with a free, 15 day demo hosted account to try out the software. This change will allow the Company to focus its complete attention on product development and customer needs.
    IMHO If people HAVE to pay... then the choice is clear... I think they will go with vB (like myself).

I was researching both boards... but now, since I have to pay either way I guess they made my decision easier.

P.S. I love the vB's WYSIWYG editor!

LOL, no way. That is gonna piss off so many people its unreal... long live vB XD

Comment

was expected.

/me see's vb sales increase
      Originally Posted by Zachery
      John originally presented vBulletin to Infopop, they didn't take it, so he took it and sold it

Originally Posted by Martin
      We had to do a lot of arm twisting to get him to do it, though. I would imagine he still hates us.

Comment

I wonder if they try and stop people using IPB on an existing freebie licence from using it?
        Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Originally posted by peterska2
          I wonder if they try and stop people using IPB on an existing freebie licence from using it?
          I was wondering the EXACT same thing... because they had version 2 for a couple of days on their website available for download... now they took it out...

I was able to download and test it out ... I have to admit it has some realy nice new features... but now I don't know if anyone can use it

Comment

, its a distinct possobility but how would they?

now that would piss people off

Comment

There forums are broke too at the moment.

IPB WARNING [2] load_template(CACHE_PATHskin_cache/cacheid_2/skin_global.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory (Line: 482 of /sources/functions.php)
              I can't log in to ask them so I guess I'll just keep on using it.

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Legally you are restricted by the license you agreed to when you downloaded the software.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

So that's an open ended trial version for me

(Anyone need a copy? )

Twitter Blog

Comment

I already have a version up and running so I guess I need to hide it away somewhere just incase

Comment

By the way... they copied vB's "Display modes" (thread modes) on version 2.0

Comment

I saw this coming for a few months now And yea, it will piss off a lot of people... IPB2 is nice, but not as nice as vB3, and I'm sure many people will agree

the way they're doing it, it seems to me like they're just trying to keep the IPB fans or the hardcore users

btw, how much does IPB cost? I wanna know how much it costs when compared to vB

MGM out

Comment

According to their website:

---------------------------------------------------------

License options

We offer two types of license:

Yearly license Previously $69.95
                          Now $40.00!
                          Lifetime license Previously $199.00
                          Now $149.00!

--------------------------------------------------------------
                          Two days ago they had this as a "special offer" because of the new 2.0 release... now seems that's the new pricing scheme...

Comment

MGM, just go find out for yourself.

At the bottom of the main page...
                            http://www.invisionboard.com/
                            Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

Originally posted by MetalGearMaster
                              I saw this coming for a few months now And yea, it will piss off a lot of people... IPB2 is nice, but not as nice as vB3, and I'm sure many people will agree

the way they're doing it, it seems to me like they're just trying to keep the IPB fans or the hardcore users

btw, how much does IPB cost? I wanna know how much it costs when compared to vB

MGM out
                              currently 149 until the 29th or something after that 199 for a lifetime licence
                              Originally Posted by Zachery
                              John originally presented vBulletin to Infopop, they didn't take it, so he took it and sold it

Originally Posted by Martin
                              We had to do a lot of arm twisting to get him to do it, though. I would imagine he still hates us.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X