No announcement yet.

Outage caused by MCI worldcom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alabanza had a problem too but were right back up. Maybe I just don't understand the technology. But when I went with VDI they claimed triple redundancy. How can this happen with triple redundancy. I also called UUNet since I was told that UUNet was where it went down. UUNet didn't know there was a problem in NY. After pushing them to do a trace on VDI, they said there is a problem affecting VDI only. VDI's backup policies are in question in my mind. Even though they claim that it isn't their fault I don't believe it. I do business with other hosts. I've had downtime once in 5 years for about an hour. That's the kind of reliability I can believe in. VDI does not have that kind of record and I think this was down what, 16 hours. And guess what? It's down again now.

Comment

This is very true, maybe some checks are in order. I for one would be outraged if this happened again
      http://www.e-tones.co.uk - The best site on the net for mobile phones.

Comment

Originally posted by dwh
        Even though they claim that it isn't their fault I don't believe it.
        If someone knows how to figure out if my host is VDI-based, we can maybe prove it wasn't VDI's fault. My host's URL is http://www.below10host.com/ and my URL is http://www.tubescan.com/ - if it isn't VDI-based, then it truly wasn't their fault, as my site was down yesterday too.

Comment

below10host.com goes through VDI.
          Interested in Linux?
          Have a question?
          http://www.linuxquestions.org

Comment

Just keep checking sites like level3.net and burst.net. If they're up, then chances are good that the routing problem has been fixed - on the their end, that is. If it persists for your own host, something's still amiss on the host's end.
            - Armage Bedar
            The STATS Man
            Co-Webmaster, SWRPGNetwork

Comment

Originally posted by customcpu
              below10host.com goes through VDI.
              Screw that idea, then.

Comment

Someone else called Level3 and Level3 said VDI hadn't called them and they didn't have any major problems either. So there you have it...

Comment

the official Press Release

Press Release

VDI experiences Multiple Network Outages

NEW YORK -- March 16, 2001-Virtual Development Incorporated (VDI), a leading provider of Application Service Provider hosting (ASP), experienced multiple network outages.

This morning at 9:14am EST, Verizon had an OC-12 outage in the Clifton, New Jersey area. This OC-12 provided VDI with their connectivity to various providers such as Level3 and UUNET. Verizon was on location with in 2 hours to correct the problem with the OC-12 multiplexor. Once the OC-12 was restored, connectivity to Level3 and UUNET would not come up properly.

The second problem was that our connectivity didn't establish full routes. During the times when we were down, we were told that at that exact time when VDI went down, other multiple providers went down.

"The network outage we experienced today was unfortunate" said William Jensen, president and co-founder of VDI. He continues, "We are taking all the precautions necessary to make sure an event like this never occurs again." VDI is currently working with Cisco systems, Inc., investigating what appears to be a glitch in the software. By 6:05pm EST, VDI reported that all services had been restored. They are still investigating the root cause of this issue.

This outage did not affect the servers, nor any of the data on the servers, so your information on your accounts has never been at risk. The outage affected only their network connections.

We thank you for your patience and apologize for the inconvenience this outage has caused.
                  Webmaster:
                  @forumz

Comment

This really sucks....whats up with these a******s?

Comment

Guess What!

Level3 and VDI are having a major issue again!

Comment

I haven't had any probs with them all day.

they must have gotten their redundant connections working...
                        Webmaster:
                        @forumz

Comment

Yup, my site was reported to be down last night but its backup again now.
                          http://www.e-tones.co.uk - The best site on the net for mobile phones.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X