Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terrorist website - powered by vBulletin software?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Floris
    Nice invasion of piracy

    But if it is to fight terrorism, it is probably ok.

    My wife pointed it out to me they were using vB when we were watching the news.
    That is why we have the patriot act. If we didn't intelligence would have trouble monitoring terrorists.

    Originally posted by Jake Bunce
    I thought that it referred to the industrialized free nations of Europe.

    Comment


    • #32
      Singapore is supposedly still a third world country. Or has it moved to second world?
      Avatar Chat

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Dave#
        meh - no there isn't - just a lot of ****ty posts like Wayne's above
        There's always atleast one in every crowd that needs extra hugs and TLC.

        Dave, you poor thang. Don't get out much, eh? You need some sugar pills to help your disposition. Maybe a bit of chocolate too....and some general ballroom dance lessons to soothe your grumpy soul.

        ((( Dave#)))
        Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

        Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

        I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

        Comment


        • #34
          the "patriot" act is one of the worst invasions of privacy that humanity has ever created.

          "good job, yo" </sc>

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Faruk

            the "patriot" act is one of the worst invasions of privacy that humanity has ever created.

            I would correct your statement by saying that the Patriot Act is one of the worst invasions of piracy that has ever been created in the U.S.

            But other than that, I agree wholeheartedly.


            They used 9/11 to scare congress into passing what they have refused to pass for decades past. And that's aside from the fact that no one in Congress was allowed to actually read what they were being pushed to pass into law. They were given 20 minutes before the vote was called.

            Patriot, my !*$$.
            echo $ocean_signature;

            ;)

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Ocean
              I would correct your statement by saying that the Patriot Act is one of the worst invasions of piracy that has ever been created in the U.S.

              But other than that, I agree wholeheartedly.


              They used 9/11 to scare congress into passing what they have refused to pass for decades past. And that's aside from the fact that no one in Congress was allowed to actually read what they were being pushed to pass into law. They were given 20 minutes before the vote was called.

              Patriot, my !*$$.
              Are you serious? I never heard about that little tidbit

              MGM out

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Ocean
                They used 9/11 to scare congress into passing what they have refused to pass for decades past. And that's aside from the fact that no one in Congress was allowed to actually read what they were being pushed to pass into law. They were given 20 minutes before the vote was called.
                I saw that in the Michael Moore video. Except I think he just said Congress didn't read the bill, not that they were not allowed.

                I would exercise salt grains with anything coming from Moore or any other political activist.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Jake Bunce

                  I saw that in the Michael Moore video. Except I think he just said Congress didn't read the bill, not that they were not allowed.

                  I would exercise salt grains with anything coming from Moore or any other political activist.

                  This wasn't from Michael Moore. I remember reading from several sources that Congress was not allowed to examine the text of this law - but were urged to pass it blindly.

                  Some sources indicated that it was made available 20 minutes before the vote was called.


                  In any case, it's clear that the proponents behind it knew that if people were allowed to examine it at length, there was no way in hell that they would have ever agreed to pass it.
                  echo $ocean_signature;

                  ;)

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by MetalGearMaster

                    Are you serious? I never heard about that little tidbit

                    MGM out

                    The Law Enforcement agencies have been trying for decades to have their restraints removed. They have tried for years to bypass people's constitutional rights.

                    For the most part, Congress has never allowed them to succeed with this. But 9/11 changed that. Proponents of the bill used that as an excuse to pass/obtain almost anything and everything they wanted.

                    Ignore the fact that most people agree that had the Patriot Act been in effect prior to 9/11, it wouldn't have mattered at all - it gave them the edge they needed to persuade congress to let this one through.
                    echo $ocean_signature;

                    ;)

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      This is a recurring theme throughout American history... something bad happens (like 9/11) and people rally around the federal government and give up their civil liberties. It is practically expected at this point in history.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        It's always upsetting when we see vBulletin used for these sort of purposes. We hate to see the name of our company on the same pages as some horrific terrorist atrocity.

                        When we come across sites like these, we do all we can to have them shut down. However, due to the nature of the software, we are unable to press a magic button or flip a switch to take down a site like that, as we have no control whatsoever over the server where these sites are hosted. Rather, we have to go through the process of attempting to contact the site owner, and failing that the host of the server, requesting that they remove the site. We usually have nothing to give to the authorities to help them catch the people involved, as these sites almost always used cracked, pirated versions of vBulletin so we have no record of them in our license database.

                        Rest assured, however, that whatever action we can take, we do take. Only today we have contacted a server host to have a site suspected of being a terrorist meeting place taken offline. Hopefully they will act quickly to remove the site.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I remember reading from several sources that Congress was not allowed to examine the text of this law
                          I would like to read these "several" sources, please.
                          TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by cirisme
                            I would like to read these "several" sources, please.
                            Actually, I did my own research:

                            http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquer...7:HR03162:@@@X

                            20 miunutes is an extreme exaggeration, but if you look at the above page the bill was introduced before 7:15pm on 10/23 and was voted on and passed 11:03am the next day. It was passed to the Senate the next day and passed with a vote of 98 to 1.

                            What you do not say is that HR3162 wasn't new legislation, but is a combination of HR2975(passed 10-12, introduced 10-4) and S1510(passed 10-11, introduced 10-4).

                            Twenty minutes is an extreme exagerration and the claim that congressmen were not allowed to read the legislation is not something I could in any way remotely verify.
                            TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Kathy
                              There's always atleast one in every crowd that needs extra hugs and TLC.

                              Dave, you poor thang. Don't get out much, eh? You need some sugar pills to help your disposition. Maybe a bit of chocolate too....and some general ballroom dance lessons to soothe your grumpy soul.

                              ((( Dave#)))
                              Why not send me an unsolicited email so we can talk about it.

                              Nice attempt to bait me btw, are you looking for a reaction?
                              http://forums.cpfc.org/

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X