Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terrorist website - powered by vBulletin software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrorist website - powered by vBulletin software?

Not sure if it is a good idea to post this, but was shocked when I saw it on TV.

On ITV News, a few minutes ago, they were talking about terrorist and the hostages kept in Iraq. Then they were talking about a website (same story), I then looked at the TV and noticed a site using vBulletin 2x with an Arabic language written on it. It even had the classic vBulletin logo on it, but was edited and was Arabic. They only showed it for a few seconds so I am not 100% sure if it was what I thought it was.

Did anyone else see this? Anyone know the URL?

There are lots of Arabic vB forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      There are lots of Arabic vB forums.
      Yeah but I didn't expect to see a vBulletin powered site on the news, linked to terrorist.

Comment

There are all kinds. But I doubt any terrorist group would use a public forum to discuss terrorism. More than likely it was just another Arabic forum.

Comment

I probably know the website that it was discussing but am not at liberty to give it out. Just let it be known that the appropriate international authorities know about the site as well.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            I probably know the website that it was discussing but am not at liberty to give it out. Just let it be known that the appropriate international authorities know about the site as well.
            This is similar to the situation where ev1servers is knowingly hosting terrorist websites, not because they want to, but because they are told to by the relevant authorities. A lot of things happen in the background that we don't about.

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin
              This is similar to the situation where ev1servers is knowingly hosting terrorist websites, not because they want to, but because they are told to by the relevant authorities. A lot of things happen in the background that we don't about.
              Why would the authorities tell them to do this? Makes no sense to me..

Comment

Originally posted by HostOrbit
                There have been many threads about it on ev1servers forums. Check them out, theres an answer somewhere in there iirc

Comment

Perhaps to keep up on a the terrorists ideas and future attacks?

MGM out

Comment

I would venture to guess that ev1servers is letting the US government know everything about those websites what's on them and who accesses them.
                    Surrix.net: Computer help forums/articles

The person in my avatar is Elisha Cuthbert she plays on Fox's 24

Comment

It makes a lot of sense and is a very smart idea. They keep track of what they are talking about and can even possibly find them by their IP addresses.
                      www.ScapeFilms.com

Comment

Originally posted by roxics
                        It makes a lot of sense and is a very smart idea. They keep track of what they are talking about and can even possibly find them by their IP addresses.
                        Nice invasion of piracy

But if it is to fight terrorism, it is probably ok.

My wife pointed it out to me they were using vB when we were watching the news.

Comment

What great PR
                          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

I think you're getting too excited about it.

There are tons of warez sites that use vBulletin as well. Just as bad, really. As a company, you don't want it, and you'll probably do as much as you can to prevent it, but it'll happen nonetheless. Nothing you can do about it except not make a popular product, but that's too ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by merk
                              There have been many threads about it on ev1servers forums. Check them out, theres an answer somewhere in there iirc
                              meh - no there isn't - just a lot of ****ty posts like Wayne's above
                              http://forums.cpfc.org/

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X