New PlayStation 2 to be Released ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PlayStation 2 to be Released ?

Thankfully a lot lighter, smaller and cleaner.

But it is still one ugly game console

Thankfully the games are cooler.
    Attached Files

This one would fit perfectly into my car
    That's the end of that!

Comment

wow, that looks really.... ugly lol

they better have better designers for the PS3

I like the look of the PSOne more than this... and I believe the name for this is the PSTwo

MGM out

Comment

Looks really nice. Going to have to pick me up one of those!

Comment

How do they manage the harddrive and network adaptor now?

Comment

You wait for the new version of the hard drive and network adapter!

Comment

Should just be built in!

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                Should just be built in!
                I agree!

Sony makes me wonder sometimes, they spend all this time building and designing a console only to bring out a 'slim' version in 2-3 years. Why not design and develop the 'slim' version to begin with if you are going to go small?

What is the point? More room on the desk or something? Obviously I don't see it, imho all it dose it phase out the old and make people want the new. Personaly i'll be sticking with my old ps2's, two of which will be getting modification chips installed next week and new hard drives

Comment

The point is that more people will buy it with many buying a second one because it is "new and improved". It isn't about providing new benefits to the consumer it is about marketing to sell more of what they have and to get free mentions all over the world just like this thread.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                  Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                    The point is that more people will buy it with many buying a second one because it is "new and improved". It isn't about providing new benefits to the consumer it is about marketing to sell more of what they have and to get free mentions all over the world just like this thread.
                    Or it could be that they dont yet have the technology to develop chips and parts small enough for a "mini-ps2" ...... technically brad, they DID develop PS2 as small as they can, only for the time though.... obviously over time parts get smaller and cheaper... which is where Wayne's post comes in, in that they use the smaller/cheaper parts to design a new PS2 for more marketing and sales

MGM out

Comment

True. Hopefuilly this newer version will sell cheaper. That is one of the only reasons I would see them doing this. Because they've found a cheaper way to make the same system, thus able to sell it cheaper to consumers.

If this new version hits the $99.99 price piont I may just have to pick one up. I'm not a big gamer so I've never had any reason to buy it at $300, $200, $179 or now even $150. But if it goes for $100 it suddenly falls into the category of "spur of the moment" purchases people are most likely to make. That's when I bought my original playstation. Too bad the smaller sleeker PS1 came out not that long after for half the price.

On a side note, I did buy one at $300 for my girlfriend on her birthday when they first came out. We broke up two months later. Man that sucked.
                      www.ScapeFilms.com

Comment

Originally posted by roxics
                        True. Hopefuilly this newer version will sell cheaper. That is one of the only reasons I would see them doing this. Because they've found a cheaper way to make the same system, thus able to sell it cheaper to consumers.

If this new version hits the $99.99 price piont I may just have to pick one up. I'm not a big gamer so I've never had any reason to buy it at $300, $200, $179 or now even $150. But if it goes for $100 it suddenly falls into the category of "spur of the moment" purchases people are most likely to make. That's when I bought my original playstation. Too bad the smaller sleeker PS1 came out not that long after for half the price.

On a side note, I did buy one at $300 for my girlfriend on her birthday when they first came out. We broke up two months later. Man that sucked.
                        lmao! money well spent

btw, you live in MI? where in MI?

MGM out

Comment

I live just north of Detroit on 14 mile.

Like said though I rarely play video games anymore. I spend most of my free time on the internet building stuff and being a forum junkie. That's my fun. So it wouldn't be money well spent for me to pay $150+ dollars just to use a system once a month at most. But at $100 I'd be willing to do it. Just because I get the urge every once in a while.
                          www.ScapeFilms.com

Comment

Currently the 150 gets you the network adaptor and a game.

Comment

As Wayne said, it's all just a marketing ploy to extend the product lifecycle. By now most people who want a PS2 have got one. Why not bring out a new one and extend it's lifecycle whilst they develop the new PS3 Nevertheless, it does piss me off that they don't do it the first time. The PS2 is big and heavy
                              Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X