X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Browser on its way!

Gbrowser.com ?

http://www.nypost.com/business/30438.htm

Based on the half-dozen hires in recent weeks, Google appears to be planning to launch its own Web browser and other software products to challenge Microsoft.
    Whoo hoo, that is some good news, can't wait to add more Google products.

Wonder if I should buy some Google shares...

Comment

I'd say yes, it will be either the oppertunity right now, or the biggest failure reported in 4 years from now. Just keep an eye on 'is this their peek?' and then just sell half of it for profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
        Gbrowser.com ?

http://www.nypost.com/business/30438.htm

Whoo hoo, that is some good news, can't wait to add more Google products.
        It may be good for the company and its shareholders but it would have to be profoundly unique for many people to change. It took me five or so years using IE until I finally switched to Firefox, and I probably wouldn't want to switch to a browser that would likely have tie-ins to profit-making features of its author.

That said, it's also all speculation at this point after reading a related story. Still interesting, though.
        --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
        Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
        vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

It took me 5 years to understand why people want to use just 1 browser, instead of having an additional product aside.

Comment

I meant as my primary browser; naturally I had Mozilla installed as well but for a long time it was beta, and for the entire time--including today--it takes much longer to launch than IE, which was the major factor in making me switch to Firefox over IE given the similar load times.

But I digress; it would be interesting to see what Google does, if anything.

For reference, a WHOIS leads to:
            Registrant:
            Google Inc. (DOM-1278108)
            1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View CA 94043 US

Domain Name: gbrowser.com

Registrar Name: Markmonitor.com
            Registrar Whois: whois.markmonitor.com
            Registrar Homepage: http://www.markmonitor.com

Administrative Contact:
            DNS Admin (NIC-1467103) Google Inc.
            1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View CA 94043 US
            The contact addresses are google.com e-mail addresses.
            --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
            Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
            vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

I used to hate just about all open source software (minus apache, php of course), but I'm finally getting around to seeing why people love open source.

If I didn't have to worry about money, I surely would contribute to what I could to it.

Comment

I don't love it, because it is open source. I like it because it does what IE doesn't.

Comment

There was speculation in the blogosphere a month or so ago about a possible Google browser, based mostly or entirely on Javascript (as that's what google is starting to create products in). This of course because Google hosted the Mozilla Developer Day last month.

We were mostly concerned with just one thing: its support for standards like XHTML and CSS. Would be great if Google adopted Mozilla and teamed up with the Mozi Foundation, and that was suggested by a few people as well, but AFAIK we've yet to see any indication that Google is actually planning that much. May just have been that Google hosted that event because they want to overthrow Microsoft from the browser throne.

Comment

It could very well be also a decoy sending Microsoft on a wild goose chase....after all, corporate sabotage is a fact of life.
                    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                      It could very well be also a decoy sending Microsoft on a wild goose chase....after all, corporate sabotage is a fact of life.
                      What is wrong with that! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
                        I probably wouldn't want to switch to a browser that would likely have tie-ins to profit-making features of its author.
                        Exactly my thoughts also
                        Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Gbrowser eh? Well, Google listens to the masses if we take google.com and Gmail into effect, so maybe they'll take what they see around current bowsers and expand/fix everything wrong

MGM out

Comment

Yeah, that's just what we need. Yet another browser... *shudders*

Comment

Google Search Engine,
                              Google Web Mail,
                              Google Browser,
                              Google IMsgs,
                              Google World Domination.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X