Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMS that works with vBulletin

Hey

I know there's many threads discussing this, but when I searched they were dated a long long time back, so I'm asking again.

Is there a CMS that will work in conjunction with vBulletin? I'm not interested in a Portal such as vBadvanced or vBindex. But something separate that is standalone but is available to work with vB.

I'm pretty sure there are a few, I remember yaXay using some software for it at one point.

Any help?

Regards,
    Chris

Mambo uses vBulletin for their official forums. Have a look at that, it seems pretty good.

Comment

Yeah... I remember some time ago seeing a thread on here that started to discuss a Mambo intergration with vB... i.e. using same usertable etc.

I believe the site was called www.mambovb.com (or similar) but has not been online for quite some time now. I was very interested in this and contacted the site owner/developer of that app but unfortunately he has never got back to me.

... shame....
      John

Comment

www.miraserver.com
        Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

oooooh interesting link IDN.... many thanks for this.

I have taken a look at their www site but can only see 'Basicv vB Integration'... do you have any idea what this means?
          John

Comment

John,

From what I can make out this is the closest I found to an answer, but it's an aged thread.
            http://www.miraserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=226

@Chris I am bouncing around alot of the "cms" packages trying to find the right one...presently using vbadvanced cmps, but it's not so good for true content management in a way I want as I suspect alot of others desire. I am leaning towards typo3 and forgetting the integration at the cms level, or holding out for VB's solution as that one assumes is going to be integrated
            Colin.

My Skoda Forum - www.BRISKODA.net

Comment

I haven't used MiraServer in awhile, I still have 1.0 and they are beta testing 2.0. I need to renew my license. When I used it, it was for user accounts and comment/article posting.

E-mail the author, David, about more details.
              Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

Check out Web Templates. It's an add on for vb you can find at vb.org. It's not a separte system itself it requies vb to run but doing so takes full advantage of your system. Check out my site in my sig. It's all powered by vb and webtemplates.

Everything else (including Mambo) are just portals where you have to move everything around in blocks. Very stiff design. Pointless.
                www.ScapeFilms.com

Comment

Originally posted by IDN
                  I haven't used MiraServer in awhile, I still have 1.0 and they are beta testing 2.0. I need to renew my license. When I used it, it was for user accounts and comment/article posting.

E-mail the author, David, about more details.
                  Got a reply, but have subsquently asked about somthing else since I'm using VBadvanced CMPS...if it won't talk to VB to well it might talk to some php module..not ideal, but few things are.

The product is still in development. I plan today to sit down and do a
                  strategic plan to complete it, with a completion date stated. Stay tuned
                  to the website for details on that.

I've made use of CMPS mainly for the Portal type setup, pulling content from forums.

http://www.briskoda.net/home/?styleid=28

News section maps to forums. Not ideal, but works for now and into Q1 2005.

Will have a look at web templates @ org.
                  Colin.

My Skoda Forum - www.BRISKODA.net

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X