Verifying the Scalability of a Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verifying the Scalability of a Script

Anyone know how to tell how well a script is doing in terms of using server resources? I want to try to push the script to be scalable and efficent like how vB3 is.

I'm worried right now cause of the current script we're operating, we've recently experienced massive slowdowns which is causing some some unpleasant slowdowns on our server...

A better question to a vB dev... how did you guys make vB3 not resource intensive
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

I do believe there are programs which can just run x many sessions on your site simulatenously to see how it scales up.

On the bigger picture though, just pay attention to best programming practices (e.g. if you don't know what "Big O" is, look it up). Benchmark your code with normal executions to find bottlenecks, fix those. Think of anything that may be an issue (e.g. database locking) if you have many sessions, etc.

Comment

Where's a vB Dev when you need em to answer such a question
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I think that when this exact forum (running beta 2/3) got hit by 2000 spider requests at the same time at the same thread indicated that the postcache and the general code could handle alot of concurrent users

Comment

apachebench might be called ab its on the apache site.
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/programs/
            Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X