Hmm, has anyone done this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm, has anyone done this?

A short while ago, I discovered that if I plugged one mouse into the standard mouse port, and another mouse into a USB port, that I could have more than one mouse control a single cursor on the screen.

I'm wondering now if there's a program that would treat the second mouse as a joystick. Is there such a thing or such a way of doing this? This would enable me to use 2 mice similtaniously in video games, something I've always dreamed of doing.

Originally posted by Kamex
    A short while ago, I discovered that if I plugged one mouse into the standard mouse port, and another mouse into a USB port, that I could have more than one mouse control a single cursor on the screen.

I'm wondering now if there's a program that would treat the second mouse as a joystick. Is there such a thing or such a way of doing this? This would enable me to use 2 mice similtaniously in video games, something I've always dreamed of doing.
    First, were you using a program to make 2 cursors appear? Windows treats the second mouse as simple mouvement on the single curson.

Second of all, I don't think so. You could try to program circuitry so that you could connect your mouse to the GAME port tho
    vBulletin customer since February 27 2005!

Comment

I was saying one cursor.

Well, if it's not possible to make it detectable as a joystick (or at least not without drastic measures), is it possible, with or without a program to make two cursors instead of one?

If not then is there a way to at least program the buttons for one mouse differently from the other? This way I could still make use of it in games even if movement did nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamex
        I was saying one cursor.

Well, if it's not possible to make it detectable as a joystick (or at least not without drastic measures), is it possible, with or without a program to make two cursors instead of one?

If not then is there a way to at least program the buttons for one mouse differently from the other? This way I could still make use of it in games even if movement did nothing.
        Not that I heard so...

I think that USB and PS/2 mouses are handled in the same way and can't be distinguised in between.

That's just an estimation, I diidn't pass A+ certification yet
        vBulletin customer since February 27 2005!

Comment

Hehe, I figured out a way to at least partially get what I want.

I noticed my mice share all the settings in the mouse control panel exept in the last tab where you can select devices, I thought up a plan.

I installed Microsoft Intellipoint. This affected both mice (if I bound a button in one, it would be bound the same in the other).

I then used the roll back drivers feature on the PS/2 mouse. This made intellipoint no longer affect it, so I could use it as a normal mouse. I then changed all the buttons on the USB mouse to function keys (except one because stupid intellipoint makes me have 1 for left click), and the other mouse was unaffected.

I just played Doomsday (a mouse aiming style remake of Doom) for the first time with two mice. It's amazing how much more comfortable it is, and so much better on my back!

Unfortunatly, the PS/2 only has 3 buttons. I find this limiting the amount of things I can bind, so I'm going to buy a mouse with more buttons.

Mouse movement is still the same with both mice though, so I can't make one strafe and one turn and such. Maybe someone else can build off of what I've found out and figure something out?
          Last edited by Kamex; Sat 11 Sep '04, 10:43pm. Reason: Corrected a horrible amount of errors.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X