NePHP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NePHP

has anyone used this CMS or has advice? Although Ive heard that it is a great piece of software, I have also heard that it is very difficult to update, has no manual, full of bugs and you will get lost trying to toy with it.
    boxingscene
    Last edited by boxingscene; Sat 11 Sep '04, 9:40am.

I have a copy I purchased. It has potential. I like it better then other software. There really isn't much of a manual though. With some work, I could see it being a real contender.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingscene
      has anyone used this CMS or has advice? Although Ive heard that it is a great piece of software, I have also heard that it is very difficult to update, has no manual, full of bugs and you will get lost trying to toy with it.
      I'm currently running NePHP on my site and am also looking for a replacement for it. What you've been hearing is simply and nicely put as far as I'm concerned.

Support - What support? VERY VERY VERY lacking. They offer "official" support via email, however when you view their private forums you'll find they always seem to be having email problems so "support may be delayed". Speaking of their forums, it's a in-house made forum which is enclosed in frames with micro text making it very hard to read. On top of that there is NO search feature so good luck trying to find answers to your questions.

Bugs - Yup the software has more then their share of bugs in it, but don't think about hiring someone who knows PHP to maybe fix them because Kenny has encrypted the source code for you so there is no fixing problems on your own. Instead you're waiting on their, I mean his support (see above).

The WYSIWYG editor formats the articles with invalid HTML code and going back to edit the code is near impossible. The admin panel is done in a lot of nasty java making load times for the AP very slow. Moving articles from one category to another can cause the articles to disappear.

If only people could see the forums and the problems their customers are having. If I was you I'd really look for another CMS to use instead of NePHP. I've bought the Enterprise version and now wich I hadn't.

-Michael
      Debt-Made-Easy.com: Get out and stay out of debt.

Comment

I knew the owner a few years back, nice guy but kind of shady. I was apart of his forums and spoke with him often over a year or so. Never used the app.

I use www.miraserver.com
        Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

I use Mira too, but have been waiting a year for it to work with vB3. And 2.0 looks far off. Was considering nePHP, but it sounds like a dead end now. Any others?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X