Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barebone, Setup almost finished. Any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barebone, Setup almost finished. Any suggestions?

Well I have some money left and I want to build a new PC.
    I'd really like to have a Barebone which would sit next to my water dispenser on my desk

Shuttle XPC SB61G2V3 Silent-X
    Intel P4 S478 BOX 3200 MHZ Prescott (Does it have HT?!)
    DDR PC400 1024MB TwinMOS CL 2.5 Dualkit
    MSI MS-8937 FX5900XT-VTD128 RTL

The prices (same order as above):
    228,99 EUR + 228,00 EUR + 163,88 EUR + 198,99 = ~ 819 EUR (999.218 USD or 558.997 GBP)

I know I can't get a perfect PC for ~ 820 EUR but tell me what you think

The prices were taken from one single Onlineshop.
    That's the end of that!

What are the onboard specs? audio/gfx-card/lan/firewire/usb .. ?

Comment

A 3.2 does have HT.

Comment

Prescott processor will burn out the power supply in the Shuttle. It consumes too much power. You'll be better of a Northwood P4 3.2. They are OK in a Shuttle. I've had one running in sb62g2 for a while now.
        Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

change the memory from Corsair to OCZ
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Floris:
            http://www.shuttle.com/hq/product/ba...on.asp?B_id=33

AWS:
            Can't I use a new power supply which provides more power?

ManagerJosh:
            Something like http://www.comtech.de/product_info.php?pID=2051&language=en ?
            That's the end of that!

Comment

Whats the big craze over these shuttle PC's i mean the size is one thing but why else?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                Whats the big craze over these shuttle PC's i mean the size is one thing but why else?
                Well, since its the same performance as a normal pc, and the only real notable difference is size, what other reason would you need?

Comment

Its the size and the fact that they become much more portable. Thus they rule for LAn gaming or for those who arent sure about a laptop but require a protabe pc

Comment

Originally posted by colicab-d
                    for those who arent sure about a laptop but require a protabe pc
                    Yepp, that's the reason

I need to find out if there are any power supplies for a Shuttle Barebone that can handle a P4 3200. I will contact them on that
                    That's the end of that!

Comment

i'd also worry about heat, there is hardly any ventilation in them and the power supply is fanless so can't support alot of stuff going through it.
                      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

They will handle a P4. I have one 3.2Ghz and one 3.0Ghz. They just have to be Northwoods. The Prescotts consume too much power.
                        Head over to http://sfftech.com and search for the review that they did of a Northwood in a Shuttle. You can't change out the PS unless you mod the heck out of it.

No worries about heat. The heat pipe does its job.

Comment

Originally posted by sfftech.com
                          For this reason, using the Prescott processor within this XPC may not be a wise move, even at stock speeds, without quite a bit of extra cooling.
                          Ok, thank you for that link. I've found out a 'Prescott' is actually a bit cheaper but I'll get a 3,2 Northwood
                          That's the end of that!

Comment

You will like it. The Shuttle especially. They are great for lan parties. Make sure you spend the extra dollars and get a carrying case.

Comment

Originally posted by MrNase
                              Floris:
                              http://www.shuttle.com/hq/product/ba...on.asp?B_id=33

AWS:
                              Can't I use a new power supply which provides more power?

ManagerJosh:
                              Something like http://www.comtech.de/product_info.php?pID=2051&language=en ?
                              I said OCZ, not corsair
                              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X