Thinking of getting a custom computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of getting a custom computer

Last edited by Mr. HillBilly; Tue 7 Sep '04, 2:55pm.

You are paying about $4k too much.

Comment

If you are gong to spend that much, get the Z-680 5.1 Speaker set from Logitech. I have them and they are great.
      Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

Some of the top end mobos now days have audio that competes with creative.

I wont be buying another creative product

Comment

I could build you a way better system for 4500 >.>

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. HillBilly
            Any suggestions on what I should change?
            uhm yeah, reduce your budget by 2 grand and you can still build a better computer

You gonna assemble this? Or is this an overpriced custom quote from some bigshot computer maker like Alienware or Falcon Northwest?
            OPEN TECH SUPPORT
            "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

I setup a Dual Xeon 3.4ghz system with 1 SCSI(OS) and 2 IDE(storage) harddrives 2GB of ram and a nice pci express video card, and a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS for 3750 and recently found a Tyan Mobo to accompany it (i have not found a price but i am "guessing" that it is around 750 or less) putting me at a 4500 budget, this also includes a very nice huge server case to fit the motherboard.

Comment

This doesn't make sense. If you're going to spend 7,5 grand then you might as well get a socket 939 CPU. And besides, spending 7500 dollars on a computer is insane.

Comment

After September this little case will have an

AMD 3700xp 64bit
                  1gb corsair 400mhz ddr
                  9600xt 256mb
                  300gb hdd western digital 16mb cache 7200rpm
                  2x) 16x DVD Dual Layer RW

This is for about ooh £1200 UK so you should deff get what your wanting for a lot less than the above quote

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X