Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will Jelsoft announce what they are working on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tolitz
    replied
    everytime Jelsoft satisfies people's curiosity and announce their future projects, there are always people who start topics every month entitled "I thought you were gonna make [product name], where is it?" ... and multiply that by 2 every month, with the worst of it being "Jelsoft people are liars, they said they would release [product name] and it's not here yet. I'm switching to UBB!"

j/k ... well, at least about the UBB part

Leave a comment:

• 0ptima
    replied
    Thanks Scott.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Because hes an evil snackfood fiend

Leave a comment:

• Chroder
    replied
    omg Scott, why oh why do you tease us so?

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    We're not releasing details on the new system changes to vBulletin that are being worked on but they are very cool. They are the basis of the framework that would allow the integration of endless number of products from both Jelsoft and other 3rd parties.

Now timelines, they are all internal at the moment since we're still implementing these changes through the existing code,

Thats about all I can say.

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    Originally posted by Kings
    IDN was being sarcastic
    I quoted the wrong post sorry IDN lol

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• Andrew111888
    replied
    How many times will these threads be posted before people quit asking? They've said they refuse to announce their ideas so their competitors don't get wind of it.

Leave a comment:

• Kings
    replied
    Originally posted by MetalGearMaster
    No offense, but you sound like a moron Jelsoft is a company and will more than likely charge for any product it releases. And I doubt they would even take the time to create their own gallery system. They're currently working on updating vBulletin as much as possible and working on the CMS. As for other projects, I dont think they would work on too many at once as it would just slow down development of all of them.

MGM out
    IDN was being sarcastic

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    Originally posted by IDN
    Yes! Jelsoft has to make a FREE photo gallery and PAY their staff for updating and support! Awesome idea!
    No offense, but you sound like a moron Jelsoft is a company and will more than likely charge for any product it releases. And I doubt they would even take the time to create their own gallery system. They're currently working on updating vBulletin as much as possible and working on the CMS. As for other projects, I dont think they would work on too many at once as it would just slow down development of all of them.

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• merk
    replied
    Originally posted by JPT62089
    well I think they should tell us cuz a lot of people come from IPB and want a gallery and stuff but they find out they dont have one and stick with IPB...

btw if you do make a gallery please dont make it cost! cuz if you do I could care less about it just like IPG!
    That is what happened with vBulletin 3 and every man and his dog felt the need to complain about the large amount of time it took from the initial announcement to final product.

Blame all the flamers from ~1 year ago.

Leave a comment:

• IDN
    replied
    ya but we want an official jelsoft gallery

and also FREE
    Yes! Jelsoft has to make a FREE photo gallery and PAY their staff for updating and support! Awesome idea!

Leave a comment:

• Radon3k
    replied

and also FREE
    Those are contradictory statements. Should Jelsoft choose to release a gallery system, I doubt it would be for free since they are a company that develops paid products.

Leave a comment:

• JPT62089
    replied

and also FREE

Leave a comment:

• Dolby
    replied
    There are many galleries that integrate with vbulletin nicely... paid and free ones. Just need to search .org for more info.

Leave a comment:

• JPT62089
    replied
    well I think they should tell us cuz a lot of people come from IPB and want a gallery and stuff but they find out they dont have one and stick with IPB...

btw if you do make a gallery please dont make it cost! cuz if you do I could care less about it just like IPG!

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X