OneNote not on a Tablet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OneNote not on a Tablet

I installed the OneNote 2003 trial on my laptop. My laptop has a touch screen that is not pressure sensitive (translate taps into moving the mouse instantly and clicking) and the screen does not rotate, so it's like a half-tablet.

OneNote's handwriting recognition "only" works on a computer running Windows XP Tablet Edition. I am running XP Pro.

1. Is it possible to get handwriting recognition working on a non-Tablet PC?
    2. If not, is it possible and recommended to install XP Tablet Edition on a non-tablet PC, and if so, do I have to blow away my installation of XP Pro first, or just upgrade?

edit: I was able to get handwriting recognition working in all Windows applications but OneNote by adding handwriting support to my Office 2003 installation. OneNote still has the "Convert Handwriting to Text" option disabled.
    Last edited by filburt1; Sat 4 Sep '04, 5:27pm.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

I have it, Win XP Tablet PC, installed on top of XP. It installed all the tools that are in XP Tablet PC. I am in the beta test and have had it installed on my tablet as well as my desktop without any problems.
    Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

Given XP Tablet Edition is not available for sale directly to end users and I don't have an MSDN subscription, how can I get it? Ignoring licensing for this question, would a coworker's copy for his Toshiba tablet work on my non-tablet PC?
      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

That I don't know. Tablet PC edition is still in beta so I'm not sure what he is running. If he is using the beta then yes it will work. It will install all the widgets and features you'll need.
        Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X