Help with www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/

I'm a supermod over at www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/ and I"m trying to figure out what happened to the site. I can't seem to get ahold of either of the administrators to figure out what is going on. (one is "Matt Whelan" on this site)

The biggest question is, did somebody forget to pay the bill or is there a program problem? Any advice or help is appreciated.

Looks like someone didn't set the server permissions properly.

It's not vB .

Comment

From the news page:
      Upgraded to the latest version of vBulletin (Version 2.3.2)
      If this is the version they still run then I bet they were hacked and the owner just deleted all the files.
      Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

Hi there,

In order to get support you much have a valid vBulletin license. Once you purchase one you will receive your customer details in an email. With those customer details you can login to the Members' Area and click on the 'Priority Support' link in the left menu. On the page that loads you must enter the email address you registered with on this support forum. When done correctly you will show up as a licensed members and you will receive priority support.

If you do have a valid vBulletin license, I kindly request you to Priority Support]update your information.

If you do not have a vBulletin license yet, I invite you to go through our Sales F.A.Q., ask for more information in our Pre-Sales Forum and visit our vBulletin Order Page.

If you have no vBulletin license, but run the vBulletin forum software, I kindly request you to remove the data from your web server and purchase a license before you continue. We do not have a free version, lite version or downloadable version to 'test' out before purchase. If you want to 'test' vBulletin prior to purchase you can request an Live Admin Demo to play around with. For obvious reasons we can't provide support to unlicensed members.

Thank you.

Comment

Let's say it is registered but the owner can not be contacted. Is there a field in the owner registration data for alternates contacts that Mike could be added too?

Are you saying the www.acura-legend.com forum is un-registered? Would you please confirm or deny that a valid license exists.

Thanks
          CD

Comment

No ffence but seens how the thread starter and yourself are both 1post acounts and that coupled with the fact that vB will probs not publicly say wether that site has an active vb license or not.

nor will they allow or add users to another users vb license unless the license owner does it themselves via the members area

Comment

Originally posted by craigerd2
              Let's say it is registered but the owner can not be contacted. Is there a field in the owner registration data for alternates contacts that Mike could be added too?
              Yes, the owner can specify alternative contacts to receive support via these forums.

Are you saying the www.acura-legend.com forum is un-registered? Would you please confirm or deny that a valid license exists.
              We aren't saying anything of the sort. We are saying we can only provide support to the owner of the forum and/or his designated representatives.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

no offence taken; 1 post account here maybe, 100+ on the forum in question. I'm not asking for permission to ask questions on the account, just trying to understand how the owner can designate. The current owner is MIA.
                BTW, thanks Wayne for clarifying it.
                cd

Comment

Originally posted by craigerd2
                  no offence taken; 1 post account here maybe, 100+ on the forum in question. I'm not asking for permission to ask questions on the account, just trying to understand how the owner can designate. The current owner is MIA.
                  BTW, thanks Wayne for clarifying it.
                  cd
                  do a whois search on the domain name if you want to get his contact information
                  Originally Posted by Zachery
                  John originally presented vBulletin to Infopop, they didn't take it, so he took it and sold it

Originally Posted by Martin
                  We had to do a lot of arm twisting to get him to do it, though. I would imagine he still hates us.

Comment

You do know that there is contact information on the main page of the site?
                    The message says if you want more info to email Matt and he gives his email address. Maybe that would be the thing to do instead of posting here.
                    Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

Hmmm, are you trying to help or just be a smart a$$ . Of course we have tried to contact him in email. The system has been down more than 5 days so we are just trying to help the acura community by assisting. Thanks for your incite ( ) (spelling was on purpose). We will just have to wait Matt out.
                      cd

Originally posted by AWS
                      You do know that there is contact information on the main page of the site?
                      The message says if you want more info to email Matt and he gives his email address. Maybe that would be the thing to do instead of posting here.

Comment

Have you thought about the fact that the owner may live in an area affected by the current hurricanes or have family in those areas that he needs to help out?
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Yes, that's why we are looking for alternates to avoid a single point of contact. I personally hope everything is alright, and if he did need help, he could use the forums to seek help and I know a lot of people would chip in.
                          <EOM>, <EOT>

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                          Have you thought about the fact that the owner may live in an area affected by the current hurricanes or have family in those areas that he needs to help out?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X