No announcement yet.

Free .Info for all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't fill any of the forms out, just hit checkout and use 'available balances'...
    Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

Originally posted by IDN
      Don't fill any of the forms out, just hit checkout and use 'available balances'...
      ah i see! It didnt work before
      http://helpmegetamac.net/blackapple.gif MacBook Pro 15.4" Core2Duo 2.33GHz.

Comment

Originally posted by IDN
        You seem to be experienced with their system, is that your web site or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
          You seem to be experienced with their system, is that your web site or something?
          No, I have just ordered 6 or more domains.
          Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

I have 5 so far... 4 for me 1 for my host
            http://helpmegetamac.net/blackapple.gif MacBook Pro 15.4" Core2Duo 2.33GHz.

Comment

http://www.domainsite.com/user_popup.php?hit=2&id=23

IDN is right.
              That's the end of that!

Comment

too bad spammers have made the .info hierarchy useless (along with the .biz and .us TLD's)
                There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

Cool I got three of them so far. Good thing I'm on a reseller account with my webhost I can actually give them website to use. Only problem is that I can't seem to successfully change the name servers. Every time i put in my name servers it says
                  ERROR:
                  The name server NS1.ROXICS.COM is not a valid name server registered with the registry.

If the domain name is locked, it will need to be unlocked before name servers can be edited.

Well I use those name servers for all my sites and so far as I know my new .info doamin names are not locked
                  www.ScapeFilms.com

Comment

How does this work in general?

I have multiple domains set up with one ip but several different accounts and content at my webhosting company (all-inkl.com).
                    Now I registered some *.info domains at domainsite.com. How can I use them just like the one's I purchased at my webhost?
                    I know the nameservers (ns3 and ns4.kasserver.com) but what other information do I need?!
                    That's the end of that!

Comment

You need to e-mail them with your nameservers and IPs, and they'll add it to their registry, after which you can use the nameservers

I've already changed the nameservers on my free domains.

Comment

I have to email domainsite.com and tell them my Nameservers and my IP-Adress?
                        That's the end of that!

Comment

I have been trying for a while now but cannot access the site at all...
                          John

Comment

That's what it sounds like we both need to do MrNase. But I don't think he was referring to your ip address but the IP of each name server.

Thanks for the info. Of all the domain registars I've used I've never had to first email them my nameservers. strange
                            www.ScapeFilms.com

Comment

because you're not doing it right. You will need to ADD domainsite.com's OWN Name servers (NS) when you've registered them. If you did everything correctly, It'll get update in a few hours.
                              Chamber of Secrets - The Ultimate Harry Potter Community!

Comment

Now I know what I have to do.

Setting up a CNAME at my webhost's admincenter (vbulletin3.info for instance) and change the Nameserver at domainsite to my host's nameserver

But for now, Iam getting a
                                (110) Connection timed out
                                That's the end of that!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X