My crazy uncle talks to much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My crazy uncle talks to much

I had to sit and listen to one of my uncles talk about phpbb for two hours today, he has recentaly discovered the internet and he thinks all this free stuff is just great.

He just wen't on and on about how great it was, and why I should use it just because its free and how he is going to use it for everything.

This happens everytime he finds new software, I think he nearly **** himself when I linked him to a copy of dvdxcopy.

He really gets on my nerves sometimes, hes always bragging about his new hardware and such when he really dos'nt know what the hell hes talking about in the first place.

One week he will rag on me for upgrading to a faster graphics card because it is 'to powerful for any game on the market' then a month or two later he will buy a more powerful card then me and all he dose is play internet spades!

Just show him big sites that are powered by vBulletin, then when he ask 'what runs this', you say vB, and he would go, uh, not phpBB? And you reply, oh no. phpBB wouldn't be able to pull this :P

Comment

Leave the man be - he's old enough to make his own, wise choices
      Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
        Just show him big sites that are powered by vBulletin, then when he ask 'what runs this', you say vB, and he would go, uh, not phpBB? And you reply, oh no. phpBB wouldn't be able to pull this :P
        If he did that, then his uncle might very well come to this forum and see this thread

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.loo
          I had to sit and listen to one of my uncles talk about phpbb for two hours today, he has recentaly discovered the internet and he thinks all this free stuff is just great.

He just wen't on and on about how great it was, and why I should use it just because its free and how he is going to use it for everything.

This happens everytime he finds new software, I think he nearly **** himself when I linked him to a copy of dvdxcopy.

He really gets on my nerves sometimes, hes always bragging about his new hardware and such when he really dos'nt know what the hell hes talking about in the first place.

One week he will rag on me for upgrading to a faster graphics card because it is 'to powerful for any game on the market' then a month or two later he will buy a more powerful card then me and all he dose is play internet spades!
          I wonder if he knows about vBulletin.....
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

If he doesn't, he will have a heart attack when he finds out.

Comment

Why dont you just ignore him lol

Comment

i know such people as well, ignoring is the only way...
                The price of freedom is eternal vigilance!
                - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by colicab-d
                  Why dont you just ignore him lol
                  Because we all live togther in the same general area so I see him at least once a week.

Comment

Does he know you are on the vBT team?
                    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Aslong as you dint mind some jail time you could break into his house and destroy al his cash and creditcards then axe the PC(s).

However it may lead to him dis-owning you.

Failing thatjust go.. hoi uncle you get on nerves stop dissin ma shiznat then going out and buying the same or better equipment just to be a fooooo

Comment

lol, he sounds annoying as hell alright.... i wouldnt be able to take it

MGM out

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X