Going halves on vB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going halves on vB

Right, my co-admin is back off holiday, and IPB are charging, so we want a vB desperately

If we go halves, how would it work? We both want to be able to access vB and all the downloads and all the support forums

Is there any way this can be done?

Unfortunately there is no way to split a license. There can only be one listed owner. However you can have up to 4 emails addresses entered in the Priority Support Form to get support on these forums.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

are two people allowed to use one username?

Comment

Basicly, what happens is one person can pay for the license but only one person will own it and get the members area username and password. You can have more than one user registered on vBulletin.com/org and vBulletintemplates to get priotory support.

Comment

Thank you kindly

Comment

i often wondered that myself as i recently transfered a vb liscence i had after 3 years. but i am still admin there and help out. but to acutally ask for specific support on that forum i would need the new owner to add my email to the list in his members area?

Comment

myself and my co-owner do this rather sucessfully, for somethings she is listed as owner, for others I am. And we just added the other on the list for support.

Here on the vB, as far as I know, we each have superate user names and log in that way. for the downloading and updating and what not, she leaves it all up to me.

But it works well. I have always gotten great help and support! Even being the "secondary" .

Comment

Originally posted by Razgo
                i often wondered that myself as i recently transfered a vb liscence i had after 3 years. but i am still admin there and help out. but to acutally ask for specific support on that forum i would need the new owner to add my email to the list in his members area?
                Yeah.

Comment

The proper license owner has to add the additional users to the priority list so they show up licensed. It is up to the license owner to share the customer details. As long as he or she understands that those who he or she shares it with can download the vBulletin .zip and if someone abuses that priveledge and runs a second instance it breaks the copyright and might find his license being revoked.

In most situations it is smart that 1 person actually owns it and others that will handle the forum support are added to the priority list. This increases security, but also avoids a lot of issues if there are personal issues between two people where one decides to walk away and thinks they own the license and take it with them.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X