[Rant]Shouldn't 'super moderator' be 'global moderator'?[/Rant]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rant]Shouldn't 'super moderator' be 'global moderator'?[/Rant]

I've just been thinking and I might as well post this, but shouldn't super moderarator be global moderator? Global moderator clearly explains the function of this role much more, and other forum software uses this term.

I'm not expecting that vBulletin will change this phrase after using 'super moderator' since the beginning of its existence, but I just wanted to say this and see what others have to think about it

Because sometimes I tell someone that they are now a super moderator, they get completely lost and I need to add in a few more sentences just to explain it.

[/Rant]
    Yes
    40.00%
    No
    60.00%

lol, whoever doesn't know what a super mod is doesn't belong as a super mod they obviously haven't been paying much attention to your staff

but I like the term super mod, others may use global mod but that just shows vB isnt just copying names

MGM out

Comment

Maybe "Forum-wide Moderator" since usually only programmers immediately think of "global" in that context.
      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

It is quite easy to change the terminology on your installation to anything that you desire. You could call them "monkey men" if you so desired simply by changing the name of the usergroup and the title.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I know; this is just a little discussion about this whole thing Nothing serious going on here.

Comment

I like 'super moderator'.

Comment

Our supermods are "Goderators"
              "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
              "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
              Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Personally I always thought of Super Moderators and Global Moderators as different staff positions. The Global Moderator being a regular moderator with permission to moderate every forum and the Super Moderator being that while having the capability to ban as well as other things via the ModCP.

Comment

I agree with Gary, it's no big deal though
                  Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X