Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MGM if you want me to spear head the Glasgow Branch lemme know lol

Comment

I agree with Zachery, the wireless is a bad idea. Too much latency. I'd go with gigabit or at least 100mbit copper over even 802.11g. You don't have to worry as much about the security issue and you don't have to worry about interference/signal problems.

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
      http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment

Originally posted by colicab-d
        MGM if you want me to spear head the Glasgow Branch lemme know lol
        Please explain

As for wireless, I want to go for wireless to attract laptop users too. The way I'm thinking of doing it is maybe to provide a username/password to be able to use the wireless. Whenver someone pays, they get an hour. Pay for 3 hours, then your username/password works for 3 hours

As for money, I'm set to rob a ban.... err.... don't worry about it!

MGM out

Comment

I understand your thinking there but i would keep it strickly to laptop users and not your desktop machines.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
            I understand your thinking there but i would keep it strickly to laptop users and not your desktop machines.
            Of course... for laptop users they would need a username/password..... for users going on our desktops they just need to pay beforehand

I'm still trying to think of a good way to be able to figure out who has paid for how many hours. If it gets popular and get hundreds of people, it'll be hard to track by eyesight and memory alone

MGM out

Comment

I was joking MGM but I would be happy to help you with the online aspect of your venture shoudl you need Gfx work etc , Maybe some branding logos etc and intranet stuff

As for folk logged on?

Why not run a small app that generates a password based on date , it could then store the log in out times via a db. When someone goes to log in they then have to key in a number , the db then looks for this and checks the dates and lgs them in etc...

It would be very easy for a good C++ programmer or other windows code monkey

Just a basic idea youd need soem help in gettin a coder etc

But this way you can also store purchase info such as apps to be allowed permission to run etc via a db and extra fields associated with the login number

Comment

yea, i've already made a new post at ask.slashdot.com for help on finding a good internet cafe time-keeping app

MGM out

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X